Cotts looks a lot like.......

beck72

Watching BJ Ryan of the O's throw today, and sox hitters unable to hit FB's down the middle, looked a lot like Neal Cotts out there. The way Ryan short arms it, and hides the ball well, seems to be the key to Neal's success. I know some sox staff has mentioned Neal in the closer's role down the line. With his ability to get K's, and limit the walks, it might not be that far off.

Ryan had some control issues early on in his career. And then the last few yrs has limited his walks and upped his K/ 9 rate. Let's hope Neal stays fresh, healthy and keeps it up all yr :cheers

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
I only wish somebody had compared Cotts to Ryan prior to the season....

Oh wait. searches the archives....

I can't find it, or rather, I gave up searching after 15 minutes, but I made this comparison after Neal's terrible season last year.

The stuff was there. You could see it. The minor league numbers were there. You could see it. It was only a matter of time.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
I can't find it, or rather, I gave up searching after 15 minutes, but I made this comparison after Neal's terrible season last year.

The stuff was there. You could see it. The minor league numbers were there. You could see it. It was only a matter of time.

Neal's certainly got his act together. He now trusts his stuff, and knows he can get guys out with his FB. His cutter certainly keeps guys off balance

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Watching BJ Ryan of the O's throw today, and sox hitters unable to hit FB's down the middle, looked a lot like Neal Cotts out there.

Well...someone was paying attention to the game today

Hawkism.gifYou took the words right outta my mouth!!!...MERCY