Waivers

bigred3535

We should begin hearing stuff by Wednesday, last yr ESPN's website ran a listing of those who cleared and those who didn't. I would expect the same this yr.

As a side note: The Sox find themselves in an interesting situation this yr, as the last team on the waiver list they in effect get a period of exclusive negotiations with any team trying to clear a player. It will be interesting to see if they can take advantage of this.

QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
I was just wondering if anyone knew when the list of who made it through waivers will be released? I'm assuming that the process is complete/almost complete by now...is that a false assumption? I can't remember when it typically is known.

Yes that's a false assumption, while many will be put thru at the onset many others will be put thru later on as neccessary. IIRC the waiver window for a player is up to 72 hrs.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
So we're looking at Larry Walker, Randall Simon, and the Crimedog?  That'd be sweet if this were 1995.

It kind of seems like no-names and older guys with bad contracts are the ones that make it through.

The question is wether they made an impact on their respective playoff bound teams. Seeing as McGriff and Walker went to the WS, and Simon came within 6 outs of going to the WS, I would say they were good acquisitions.

QUOTE(black jack @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
How does it work again?

You put a player on waivers...

A team claims him and you can pull him back or let that team take him?

If the player clears then you can trade him?

Yes, when a player clears you can trade him to anyone.

If a player is clamied you can pull him off and then negotiate with the team.

Also, I recall, Manny Ramirez cleared waivers last year.

Edited by RibbieRubarb