Back Home Again Thread 8-2-05

aboz56

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Bueller?  Bueller?  Anyone?

He came out and complained on a strike called on JD and was complaining about such a huuuuuge strike zone for Towers and an itty-bitty strike zone for Garland. Apparently, Ozzie was quoted as saying:

"Excuse me kind sir. But why, pray tell, are you allowing young Mr. Towers such a widened home plate while my very own dearest Jon Garland has been recieving a far lesser width of home plate?"

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
f***ing A, we're always getting drilled.  And now we can retaliate. 

:fyou Toronto!

s***, we pretty much already lost. Put Adkins in and let him bean someone in the f***ing head...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Ozzie was quoted as saying:

"Excuse me kind sir. But why, pray tell, are you allowing young Mr. Towers such a widened home plate while my very own dearest Jon Garland has been recieving a far lesser width of home plate?"

That's too funny :D

The dumbest thing we could do is retaliate. The last thing we need is to be known as a head-hunting team. The reason you don't want this is because for the rest of the season, you don't want to risk the umpire having a quick hook on our pitchers if they hit someone.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
The dumbest thing we could do is retaliate.  The last thing we need is to be known as a head-hunting team.  The reason you don't want this is because for the rest of the season, you don't want to risk the umpire having a quick hook on our pitchers if they hit someone.

That is why Jo nAdkins is pitching! DUH! :rolly :lol: