Bar near the Cell?

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
For what, to clean off the tables?

Actually, Ricobene's is a good choice for Sat. afternoons, it is a great place to get some food on the cheap, you can park in the lot across the street, get pitchers of Michelob for $7 and go right down Wells to the parking lots.

Plus on your way down Wells, you can waive to Mario :D

I'd vote for Jimbo's, but what's the deal with nobody mentioning Schaller's Pump??  It's still there, right?

Yes, it's definitely still there. But 3 pm on a Sat. afternoon with clients in tow and looking for a beer garden is the wrong mix for Schaller's. Especially if they're lookin' for a little scenery. If you're into history, great burgers, MGD on tap and don't mind it a little dark inside, then yeah, Schaller's is perfect.

Given the situation Los Media presents, Jimbo's is the place to go.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Yes, it's definitely still there.  But 3 pm on a Sat. afternoon with clients in tow and looking for a beer garden is the wrong mix for Schaller's.  Especially if they're lookin' for a little scenery.  If you're into history, great burgers, MGD on tap and don't mind it a little dark inside, then yeah, Schaller's is perfect.

Given the situation Los Media presents, Jimbo's is the place to go.

True. It must be that I'm getting hungry because I was thinking about food first and I'd say Schaller's would be my pick for the better food choice.

I'd better go eat comething...

I remember back in 2000, that guy from WMVP (Bill something-or-other) got beaten up by a bunch of people after a night at Jimbo's. Even though I'm sure that's rare, there are a lot of people who probably have that image of the neighborhood around USCF.

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
I remember back in 2000, that guy from WMVP (Bill something-or-other) got beaten up by a bunch of people after a night at Jimbo's.  Even though I'm sure that's rare, there are a lot of people who probably have that image of the neighborhood around USCF.

There's a bar I can think of the name of it help me anybody it east of the park you go under the bridge and then go about 3 or four blocks east again it starts with tri_ _ _ _ _ _. That's was a nice neighborhood sox bar. I don't think that food was served except for hot dogs and snacks. Can anyone think of the name of that bar. When the crowds were smaller we'd park there and walk to the cell.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
There's a bar I can think of the name of it help me anybody it east of the park you go under the bridge and then go about 3 or four blocks east again it starts with tri_ _ _ _ _  _. That's was  a nice neighborhood  sox bar.  I don't think that food was served except for hot dogs and snacks.  Can anyone think of the name of that  bar.  When the crowds were smaller we'd park there and walk to the cell.

I live an hour and a half away form chicago I made a mistake about the directions it is just after the chisox north lot to the street where Jimbos is east under the railroad then 3 blocks north.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
There's a bar I can think of the name of it help me anybody it east of the park you go under the bridge and then go about 3 or four blocks east again it starts with tri_ _ _ _ _  _. That's was  a nice neighborhood  sox bar.  I don't think that food was served except for hot dogs and snacks.  Can anyone think of the name of that  bar.  When the crowds were smaller we'd park there and walk to the cell.

I wouldn't advise going east of the Ryan...

Jimbo's is the way to go.

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
I remember back in 2000, that guy from WMVP (Bill something-or-other) got beaten up by a bunch of people after a night at Jimbo's.  Even though I'm sure that's rare, there are a lot of people who probably have that image of the neighborhood around USCF.

Bah from what I remember that guy Bill thought he was a hard ass and said something to one of the guys girlfriends. Go do that to any guys at 2:00 in the morning, in any neighborhood.

You're talking about Triskillion's, it's closed now. It was on Wells St. I am pretty sure, about 28th St. Definitely west of the Dan Ryan.