The official "Wecome Blum" Thread!

TheBigHurt

For this past Sunday night game, I barbequed hamburgers and boneless porkchops. My brother took his porkchop, applied some bbq sauce and Muenster cheese, and put it on top of a bun (which i must say, turned out to be excellent).

i asked him, "what do you call this creation?"

He said, "the Geoff Blumwich". :bang

I hopoe he turns out to be a f***ing steal and ends up hitting .650 the rest of the season and leads the Sox deep into the post-season ala Beltran. Yes, I am a dumbass for comparing Carlos Beltran to Geoff Blum but 1 could dream...

Besides, we got him for 1 minor league prospect. Good deal. Win-Win situation, unless, of course, Meaux turns out to be Curt Schilling Jr...

WELCOME TO THE SOUTH SIDE!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
I'm expecting him to be totally average. Others seem a little over geeked about this guy. :huh

I just want him to not be such a big dropoff from our regular guys that we end up losing games because someone gets a day off, as was starting to happen when Harris would play or when Ozuna would play third.

Don't need him to hit .780, but a nice .250 wouldn't hurt, along with occasionally moving a runner along and not making too many errors on defense. He'll help even more if he can rotate into the lineup for Paulie every few days to give that guy some rest before the post-season hits.