What music makes you homesick?

Texsox

I don't listent to the blues very often, but when I do hear some Howlin Wolf, BB King, Muddy Waters, etc. I get so damn homesick.

Right now I'm listening to BB King's The Thrill is Gone and just dying to be back up north. I've got to find a weekend free.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
Serbian music. Especially on hunting and fishing trips. Especially Zeljko Samardzic and Sasa Matic......

:D

Rock On Zeljko Samardzic :cheers :snr

;)

I Kid because I Care

Seriously, I have a big appreciation of a lot of ethnic music, despite my boorish ignorance of Serbian music. It's really cool when a new generation embraces traditional musical heritage and culture - especially even after moving to the states.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
Rock On Zeljko Samardzic  :cheers  :snr

;)

I Kid because I Care

Seriously, I have a big appreciation of a lot of ethnic music, despite my boorish ignorance of Serbian music.  It's really cool when a new generation embraces traditional musical heritage and culture - especially even after moving to the states.

BEESH! Just kidding. I appreciate the remarks but I was born here.... :lolhitting

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
BEESH! Just kidding. I appreciate the remarks but I was born here.... :lolhitting

Well, my respect for the folk appreciation of the next generation is out the window now...

Now just go back to listening to Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl why don't you? :ph34r:

You do still at least walk around wearing a White Sox sajkaca, or have you traded that in for an American-style baseball cap as well?? :P

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
... In Utero by Nirvana...?  :D

Please. Last decent thing out of that band was "Bleach".

I don't know...many songs make me nostalgic for "home" when I was a kid.

"Feeling Stronger Everyday" - Chicago

"Hot Blooded" - Foreigner

"Juniors Farm" & "With a Little Luck" - Wings

Many more, but those four REALLY make me think of life in my parents house and being a kid.

Oh, and even though I am a Rockabilly freak, and the stuff gets played all the time by me, Bill Haley And The Comets still and always will make me think of my Dad. He still likes Bill, but his was the only music Dad and I could listen to together. My Dad actually saw him in concert! How friggin' cool is that???

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
Please. Last decent thing out of that band was "Bleach".

Ach, a failed attempt to snatch humor from the jaws of defeat.

You lived all your life in one place, so I figured the only possible place you might be homesick for was the womb, hence... In Utero...

Hello?! Testing... Is this thing on?? [/taps microphone] :D

See, humor is so much better when you need to spell out every word, isn't it?

I got the joke. Just had to do my typical "anti-popular-Nirvana-era" thing.

Ya know though, everytime somebody does one of the those "hello, is this thing on" lines, I always think of Mike Wazowski now. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
Ya know though, everytime somebody does one of the those "hello, is this thing on" lines, I always think of Mike Wazowski now.  :D

You're probably the only other person here who appreciated that Mike took his date to a resteraunt named Harryhausen's. That's because you're a geek, of course, while I am merely hip and cool. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
You're probably the only other person here who appreciated that Mike took his date to a resteraunt named Harryhausen's.  That's because you're a geek, of course, while I am merely hip and cool.  :D

Funny, when I laughed my butt off at that in the theater at that very scene, my wife asked what was so funny and I explained it, she also called me a "geek".

Actually, her word for me is "dork".

Did you know one of the voices of the Arctic Puppets in Elf was provided by Ray? They were little stop-motion type critters, so they decided as a tribute to him, they would have him provide a voice.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
Did you know one of the voices of the Arctic Puppets in Elf was provided by Ray? They were little stop-motion type critters, so they decided as a tribute to him, they would have him provide a voice.

Cool, I did not know that. My wife has a very low Will Ferrell tolerance so I have yet to see that movie.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
I don't know...many songs make me nostalgic for "home" when I was a kid.

"Feeling Stronger Everyday" - Chicago

"With a Little Luck" - Wings

Many more, but those four REALLY make me think of life in my parents house and being a kid.

Both make me think of home, but With a Little Luck was Senior Year, sitting in the Senior Lounge, playing 7 card stud and hiding the money from the teachers. It also reminds me of the girl I was dating at the time and who has the best, my boyfriend was the biggest asshole when we broke up story. To this day, I cannot believe what a no good, jerk I was to that girl.

But I still like the song.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
Well, my respect for the folk appreciation of the next generation is out the window now...

Now just go back to listening to Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl why don't you?

:ph34r:

You do still at least walk around wearing a White Sox sajkaca, or have you traded that in for an American-style baseball cap as well?? :P

:o How the hell do you know what a sajkaca is???

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
I don't listent to the blues very often, but when I do hear some Howlin Wolf, BB King, Muddy Waters, etc. I get so damn homesick.

Right now I'm listening to BB King's The Thrill is Gone and just dying to be back up north. I've got to find a weekend free.

Hearing "Sweet Home Chicago" or "Lake Shore Drive by Aliota Haynes and Jeromiah have that same effect on me.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Never be surprised by Flaxx or Tex knowing something!

Tex, I bet I could give your story a run for it's money a bit. :headshake

Only a certain few people in the world know what the hell a sajkaca is. But it doesn't matter because all my posts are without an ounce of knowledge.... :rolly

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
Never be surprised by Flaxx or Tex knowing something!

Tex, I bet I could give your story a run for it's money a bit. :headshake

I was the biggest jerk in the world. While she was planning a romantic 3 year anniversary weekend for us, I was planning on breaking up with her and had already lined up a date with this really hot girl from one of my classes. We wound up going out for 2 years, 11 months, 3 weeks, and 5 days.

The only redeeming value, the only shred of decency or karma, is I married the woman I dumped her for.

To this day I cannot believe that was me being so mean an insensitive. Of course back then I was in the Young Republicans, I guess they rubbed off on me.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
I dunno, those hats are just b****in' is all.  :D

Is there some sort of inside joke here? :lol: Seriously, did you, like, research Serbian soldiers???

FYI, the Serbian soldiers wore sajkace (plural) instead of helmets.

135.jpg

:headbang :headbang :headbang