3 hole hitter

IlliniKrush

Over the last 2 months, Ozzie should try to find the Aaron Rowand of last year if he can. In my view that means moving him to the top of the lineup, either third or second. Iguchi would fill the other slot.

That means everyone else would slide a spot.

And if Dye continues to hit better than Konerko, I have no objection to flipping them, frankly.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Over the last 2 months, Ozzie should try to find the Aaron Rowand of last year if he can.  In my view that means moving him to the top of the lineup, either third or second.  Iguchi would fill the other slot.

And if Dye continues to hit better than Konerko, I have no objection to flipping them, frankly.

Rowand hit best last year in the leadoff spot.

2004 #1 spot: 163 ABs, 12 2Bs, 1 3B, 11 HRs, 32 RBI, .319 AVG., .976 OPS.

With that said there's no way in hell he gets moved to the leadoff spot. Keep Pods #1 and Iguchi #2, it's been the most consistent thing we've had going for us offensively all season, why f*** with it?

QUOTE(VAfan @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
Over the last 2 months, Ozzie should try to find the Aaron Rowand of last year if he can.  In my view that means moving him to the top of the lineup, either third or second.  Iguchi would fill the other slot.

Tadahito Iguchi has been the MVP of this team this year because he has been so damn good at doing the job of a #2 hitter. It is simply insane to mess with that now that he's in the role and he's adapted well to it. Maybe next year. Not this year.

In terms of Carl...he hit a nice .350 in June, but only .220 in July. It seemed early in the year like he was doing a great job of hitting sac flies to drive in Pods once Iguchi got him to 3rd, but he hasn't been doing that lately. I don't like the idea of a radical lineup change, but maybe hitting him 5th a few times woudln't hurt.

QUOTE(Be Good @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Rowand did good when he was batting 3rd earlier in the season, and the only reason he was taken out of 3 is because Frank was back. Now that Frank is gone Rowand should go back to hitting 3rd.

I disagree. The #3 spot is for your best hitter. I don't think Aaron is our best hitter right now. Dye has been much more consistent, with power, over the last couple months.

QUOTE(Be Good @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:03 AM)
Rowand did good when he was batting 3rd earlier in the season, and the only reason he was taken out of 3 is because Frank was back. Now that Frank is gone Rowand should go back to hitting 3rd.

If we are down to Rowand as our #3 hitter.. Kenny please get Griffey. Rowand no way a #3 hitter ....6,7 hole hitter suits him. I believe our best candidate is hitting 2nd right now.