August 3rd Game thread

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
2 days - 2 games off the division lead :o

Should we be looking over our shoulders at the A's? GMAFB! This thing isn't over until the Sox clinch it, no matter what anyone says. There's no rule saying the Sox have to win another game all season (literally).

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Should we be looking over our shoulders at the A's?  GMAFB!  This thing isn't over until the Sox clinch it, no matter what anyone says.  There's no rule saying the Sox have to win another game all season (literally).

breathe in, breathe out

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:04 AM)
Check out the Griffey thread and people were saying that there is no where to play Griffey because we already have a DH.  LOL

Hawk said the same thing tonight. I think that's right after he said Hillenbrand should have K'd on the HBP. What a dumbass.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
The last series we won at home is now when we played Tampa.

We got swept against the A's

We lost 2 out of 3 against the Tigers

We split against the Bosox

We now have lost this series.

Maybe just maybe when we come home we become a softball team. 

3 runs on a 1-5 pitcher. come on  I am sorry 2-5 now.  We have men on multiple times and strand them.  I wish we would go back to what we did in the first half to win.  Play this smartball. 

Our offense now is the 2000-2004 Corpseball offense at home.

I know...

The offense is just unbelievably bad. The thing I noticed though was our 3 runs came with 2 outs. That is an odd thing when they can't hit with runner in scoring position most of the time. But, I just realized that the runs came on homers and not stringing anything together

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:04 AM)
breathe in, breathe out

I know, I'm just saying that I can't believe how some people think the division has already been decided. We're Sox fans....aren't we supposed to expect the worst?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
I know, I'm just saying that I can't believe how some people think the division has already been decided.  We're Sox fans....aren't we supposed to expect the worst?

usually.

this year WE'VE WON THE DIVISION.

just say it, it's going to happen this year

This game blowed. Podsednik is just terrible now 2 for his last 25.

BAD FUNDAMENTALS :angry:

If we woulda executed and moved the runner along we would have won atleast 6-4. Im disappointed that no one bunted anyone over in the game.

Ozzie shoulda put Timo in the eighth, not Blum.

Its so frustating that they are 3-9 their last 12 games at home. This sucks right now.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)
when you have a double digit lead

You do know there have been teams that lost a double digit lead in August? Ask the Angels about that when the Mariners came from way behind to beat them in a play-in game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
You do know there have been teams that lost a double digit lead in August?  Ask the Angels about that when the Mariners came from way behind to beat them in a play-in game.

i'm sorry for having some faith in the best sox team we've had in a long time.

how dare i