August 3rd Game thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying this just as much as the next big Sox fan but IMO, he is right, brace yourself for the worst but hope for the best.

I'm not bracing for the worst. If this team doesn't make the playoffs, I would be stunned, pissed, and confused. I stated above, and I'll state it again: If the Sox don't make the playoffs, we don't deserve to make it. We'd have no one to blame but ourselves (even though I'm sure Hawk would blame it on the umps).

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
no thanks.

how is that any fun?

Just so you know, that's not how I feel. You can't live life worried about what can go wrong. I'm not scared about the Sox missing out on the playoffs. It's not like I play on the team or own the team, etc.

QUOTE(jamslam @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:27 AM)
double digit lead, relax and enjoy . No team is on 162games!

3 and 12 in our last 15 home games. This isn't like struggling at Oakland. We have to play half of our games at this place, and we're in a massive funk there. If this team can't deal with playing in front of large home crowds, it's not going to get any easier the rest of the season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Just so you know, that's not how I feel.  You can't live life worried about what can go wrong.  I'm not scared about the Sox missing out on the playoffs.  It's not like I play on the team or own the team, etc.

it's cool man.

like you said, we're all sox fans, at least you contribute some stuff to this board. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
it's cool man.

like you said, we're all sox fans, at least you contribute some stuff to this board.  :ph34r:

Here's the thing that pisses me off a little about tonight on this board: By no means was I the only one second guessing Ozzie, especially in the 8th. Yet, people like jphat jump all over me, as if I just made jokes about a family member, etc.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Our 3-4 contributed for all of our runs tonight.  He's not making any moves.

All of our runs tonight were courtesy of the dong.

I guess misheard Gene when he said tonight "On your feet whitesox fans for your 2004 Whitesox"

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
This game blowed.  Podsednik is just terrible now 2 for his last 25. 

BAD FUNDAMENTALS :angry: 

If we woulda executed and moved the runner along we would have won atleast 6-4.  Im disappointed that no one bunted anyone over in the game. 

Ozzie shoulda put Timo in the eighth, not Blum.

Its so frustating that they are 3-9 their last 12 games at home.  This sucks right now.

Pods' last at bat, I said to my dad...

"He's really slumping lately, he should try and bunt his way on."

But no, he stands there and strikes out.

:headshake

I'm making 1 comment in here and that's it. They're in a funk right now I don't buy the crap that they suck at home because of big crowds that's just bs to me. The Sox haven't been playing that well as of late and good thing we ran into baltimore who's been playing a lot worse. Once we right the ship which will happen soon then everything will fall back into place, on the road and at home.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
3 and 12 in our last 15 home games.  This isn't like struggling at Oakland.  We have to play half of our games at this place, and we're in a massive funk there.  If this team can't deal with playing in front of large home crowds, it's not going to get any easier the rest of the season.

I think its more of just not getting the job done than it is playing infront of large crowds. Wether that means they are being outhit or outpitched, they are just not getting it done at home.

I am rooting for Pods to get out of his funk fast because he is our tablesetter we need him BAD. I actually thought some of our hitters were going to start ripping the cover off tha ball but I guess not. AJ is doing good and Rowand has been good lately too. PK has been hitting more too but just not with RISP, which I hope he greatly improves on.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Pods' last at bat, I said to my dad...

"He's really slumping lately, he should try and bunt his way on."

But no, he stands there and strikes out.

:headshake

Pods is batting .111 for his last 7 days with a OBP of 200

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
I'm making 1 comment in here and that's it.  They're in a funk right now I don't buy the crap that they suck at home because of big crowds that's just bs to me.  The Sox haven't been playing that well as of late and good thing we ran into baltimore who's been playing a lot worse.  Once we right the ship which will happen soon then everything will fall back into place, on the road and at home.

We have played well on the road.

Its not the big crowds. Its the homerdomes attraction.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
you cant win em all, sox will win tomorrow, mark my word

We are facing a call up from AA.

His first start was against the good hitting Texas team. He 2 hit them over 5 innings with 6Ks. He is a very hard throwing guy. Mid 90's but can step it up to upper 90s at times.

OH YEAH WE ARE GOING TO DO WELL AGAINST HIM

:uhoh

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(jamslam @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Didn't see anyone blaming umps, mostly men in scoring position - no outs and stranding them w/o getting a ball out of infield

this guy did
QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
The umps what can i say we would have won 3-1 if it wasent for them

and also some people who called into the postgame show blamed it on the umps. Dolgin said something very stupid on monday about how the umps don't show the sox respect. Well 2 umps acting stupid doesn't mean that every ump hates the Sox.