Steroids

redandwhite

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
Ok, I'm sorry but this thread is dumb.  I've known plenty of people that have lost their lives due to roids.  To think they have no harmful side effects is just f***in dumb, I'm sorry but it is.

Those plenty of people that you know lost their lives due to stupidity, not steroids.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
I've seen the effects first hand (not from using them personally) and I think it's ignorant to say there is anything positive about them when used as pro sports players are using them. And yes.. I am bashing someone on this site.

You have seen the effects of steroids first hand? please explain. What were these guys doing? what doses were they doing it at? did they find a doctor who agreed to do bloodwork on them every few days? were they under the age of 21? did they inject or did they orally take them?

Let me guess, you have no idea. I figured that ignorance had once again prevailed, Steff.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
Steff, my dad's best friend was a professional fighter.  Growing up my dad was trained by this guy and obviously to a lesser extent I was learning as well.  I was always in or around a gym where a lot of these guys hang out.  I, as well have seen first hand side effects of this crap.  People who don't end up with serious side effects from that junk are the exception to the rule, not the rule.

People that don't end up with serious side effects took time to learn; the people that did suffer serious side effects were idiots. Period.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Brian knew a few guys that did roids in HS and after (not the "prescribed by your doctor" kind either).  It apparently affected them personality wise in a big way - healthwise, he doesn't know because he put distance between himself and them (he was a competition swimmer and didn't want to take chances with his rep).

I believe it. Steroids are not for teenagers, and shouldnt be used by them.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
I think if you are buying roids from a guy in alley behind your gym, and you're letting the guys at the gym tell you how to use them, you're taking a huge risk and will probably suffer serious side effects.

If a Dr. is giving them to you (illegally, of course) and you follow what he says to the tee, you'll probably be OK.

The problem is that most guys are ABUSING them. Especially, young, desperate athletes and bodybuilders. If you tell a guy to shoot 5 cc's of Decca and he sees results, you better believe he's gonna shoot 10 cc's next time. Once that same athlete goes off of their cycle and they see themselves losing size or strength, even in small amounts, do you think he's ever gonna go off roids again?

It's all about bigger, stronger, faster NOW.

Excellent post.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Okay, so I didn't read this whole thread. BUT, I thought I would share this story with you all.

My undergrad advisor was a former swimmer (competed with U of MN, and almost went to the Olympics ), and did a lot of competitive swimming in her native country (Germany). She said that a lot of the East German Women who used to swim were given steroids and ended up having to get sex changes because it effed 'em up so bad. So, I'd take her words for it.

Also some truth to it. Of course these women had to be abusing the drugs to go as far as getting a sex change; however, for females there are alot of side effects that do effect the female sex organ including the largening of the clitoris.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
I agree with what LMB said about getting them from a doctor or a guy behind the gym.

And for someone to say that steroids aren't harmful, well, that's just a f***ing dumbass thing to say.  You're an idiot if you don't think steroids are harmful, especially for younger athletes.  An idiot.

For healthy adult males, as the piece explained, when taken properly steroids are not harmful.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
You have seen the effects of steroids first hand?  please explain.  What were these guys doing?  what doses were they doing it at?  did they find a doctor who agreed to do bloodwork on them every few days? were they under the age of 21? did they inject or did they orally take them?

Let me guess, you have no idea.  I figured that ignorance had once again prevailed, Steff.

Read much...??

When they are done as pro players are doing them there are no good effects.

Perscribed by a doctor, monitored, etc.. it's obvious that isn't how pro players are using them.

Ignorance... yes, that's a good description of your comments here.

:dips***

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
Read much...??

When they are done as pro players are doing them there are no good effects.

Perscribed by a doctor, monitored, etc.. it's obvious that isn't how pro players are using them.

Ignorance... yes, that's a good description of your comments here.

:dips***

How are pro players using them? please explain. What were these guys doing? what doses were they doing it at? did they find a doctor who agreed to do bloodwork on them every few days? were they under the age of 21? did they inject or did they orally take them?

Do I see name calling? :lol:

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
How are pro players using them? please explain.  What were these guys doing?  what doses were they doing it at?  did they find a doctor who agreed to do bloodwork on them every few days? were they under the age of 21? did they inject or did they orally take them?

Do I see name calling?  :lol:

Illegally.

No idea.

No idea.

No.

Some were, some weren't.

2 injected, 1 injected and took them orally.

No.. for some reason the :dips*** smiley doesn't work anymore..

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
So what exactly did you experience first hand as you said earlier?  Stupid people, doing stupid things with there body?  Hmm, I wonder why they suffered negative side effects.

Ignorance.  :headshake

3 minor league players lives destroyed.

Stupid.. of course they were.. as are all the IDIOTS who use steroids NOT PERSCRIBED by a doctor.

I don't quite understand what your trying to argue with me here...

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
I posted it only to show the other, more truthful side of steroids, and to inform people that steroids are nothing like the media and people like you say.  That is it.

Excuse you, but for some steroids ARE EXACTLY like people like me and the media say.

Talk about ignorance..

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Well in your case like I have been saying all along, it wasn't steroids to blame but stupidity.  So we go back to square one... ha

That wasn't the point... not that I expected you to get the point.

ANYONE who uses steriods outside of doctor supervision runs the risk of ruining their lives. Regardless of how careful they are. There are no safe ways to use them UNLESS guided by a medical professional.

"ha"... cute. My neighbor's 1 year old says that after speaking jibberish. Of course.. he also drinks from a bottle and still s***s himself, too. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
That wasn't the point... not that I expected you to get the point.

ANYONE who uses steriods outside of doctor supervision runs the risk of ruining their lives. Regardless of how careful they are. There are no safe ways to use them UNLESS guided by a medical professional.

"ha"... cute. My neighbor's 1 year old says that after speaking jibberish. Of course.. he also drinks from a bottle and still s***s himself, too.  ;)

I prefer "ha" over "lol" or "rofl." That is all. I would love to see you go to some bodybuilding websites and argue with some of the guys over there on this topic, because you are 100% wrong in every way imaginable.

but again, I expected you to be wrong in every way imaginable.