Sox agreed to trade for Griffey Jr.

maggsmaggs

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
People that ripped KW for no impact moves should seriously STFU

There is no way in hell KW was sitting on his hands at the dealine. Anybody that believes has a picture next to the word idiot in the dictionary.

And we kind of went blind over a couple tidbits in that first post....

Another nugget from Nightengale is that Padres plan to trade Sean Burroughs to the Sox this week for Borchard.

End of the Timo era?

One Final nugget is that Nightengale says the White Sox believe Thomas' new ankle injury is career ending.

:crying

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
There is no way in hell KW was sitting on his hands at the dealine.  Anybody that believes has a picture next to the word idiot in the dictionary.

Nice..

:headshake

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
aw man, i hope we can still get griffey, we could still really use a bat

He will definitely clear waivers. Any team claiming him would have to assume his entire contract. Maybe this trade can be revisited in a couple of weeks if Junior can stay healthy. It would make a lot of sense for both teams. The White Sox could really use his bat and his presence in the line-up.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
KW and the Reds GM agreed to the trade, but b/c it involved money, he had to get permission from ownership, who vetoed it.

That really pisses me off. Anyways, if nothing big happens through waivers for us, think of all the $$ we have for the offseason. However, that is subject for this winter. GO SOX OF 2005

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
He will definitely clear waivers. Any team claiming him would have to assume his entire contract. Maybe this trade can be revisited in a couple of weeks if Junior can stay healthy. It would make a lot of sense for both teams. The White Sox could really use his bat and his presence in the line-up.

Well I think this attempted move pretty much sums up Thomas's future with this team, career ending or not.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
rowand called this?

if you've ever seen him in gamethreads, he can't even call the fact that konerko sucks :lol:

And ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Konerko SUCKS. Even the Reds ownership knows that. Why do you think they traded him in the first place?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
Don't get your hopes up.  This is nothing more than a minor disagreement.  I'm done.  I respect Steff too much to get into a knock down drag out with her.

I know...just showing some excitement

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
Lets get it on!  :fight

No way.. I'd lose for sure with the starting punch of "your picture is next to the word stupid in the dictionary..."

Way too intellectual for me.. :rolly