Sox had him?!?!

southsideirish

The White Sox and Reds agreed to a deal that would send Ken Griffey Jr. to the White Sox for three minor league prospects. It was then killed by Reds owner Carl Lindner last weekend. If Griffey clears waivers this month the two teams will revisit the trade.

The Padres plan to trade third baseman Sean Burroughs to the White Sox this week for AAA OF Joe Borchard

The White Sox believe that Frank Thomas' ankle injury will require further surgery that will end his career.

All this comes from the BUZZ in this weeks Sports Weekly by Bob Nightengale. I have not seen this posted anywhere yet.

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
its over..

why cant ppl just be happy with the team we have now..

I sure as hell am!!

GO SOX!

I cant handle anymore rumor and speculation.. and also waivers are a b****!!

Because it isn't over. We still have waiver deals that can be made. And most Sox fans know that we probably don't have enough to win the whole thing. We don't want to just make the playoffs, we want to win the World f***in' Series.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
Because it isn't over. We still have waiver deals that can be made. And most Sox fans know that we probably don't have enough to win the whole thing. We don't want to just make the playoffs, we want to win the World f***in' Series.

well said.