I've heard the new Sigur Ros album Takk

bmags

its good, real good...i'm not ready to give it up to AB...i still think thats their best due to untitled 8 alone...but this is good, gong is my favorite...due to this being the first leak i'm sure the album prolly sounds better...

QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
its good, real good...i'm not ready to give it up to AB...i still think thats their best due to untitled 8 alone...but this is good, gong is my favorite...due to this being the first leak i'm sure the album prolly sounds better...

I've had live bootlegs for the last three weeks, and this is probably their worst album judging on half the songs. Von was better than this. But then again Von had Hún Jörð, which is fabulous. :(

Edit: I'll probably give a listen to Göng and Glosloli because they're on the upcoming single. I'll wait until 9/12 to hear the rest of it. Until then, my OiNK ratio is gonna go through the f***ing roof.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
I've had live bootlegs for the last three weeks, and this is probably their worst album judging on half the songs. Von was better than this. But then again Von had Hún Jörð, which is fabulous. :(

Edit: I'll probably give a listen to Göng and Glosloli because they're on the upcoming single. I'll wait until 9/12 to hear the rest of it. Until then, my OiNK ratio is gonna go through the f***ing roof.

while milano is too long there is no f'n way that, NO F'n way that von is better than this...gong and glosoli are great and the live bootlegs were fantastic. in my opinion its

aguetis byrjun > takk > () >>> von

Takk is just Jonsi ending almost every refrain in "uuuuuuuu" or "oooooo" like in Salka, which for some reason wasn't included on Takk. Takk can't come close to ( ) with Vaka and Popplagid.

Glosoli sounds like an army marching under water, I have no clue what Kjartan was thinking.

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Nope Icelandic is.... Icelandic.

It's actually the purest modern form of the Germanic language tree.

Cool, that's an interesting fact about Icelandic. Shows what a couple centuries of relative isolation on an island can do to preserve a language relatively unchanged. It probably means that modern Icelanders are better able to read and understand Old Norse Viking sagas than modern Norwegians, which is kind of wierd.