NOVEMBER 20 CAROLINA 27-13 W

NOVEMBER 27 @ TAMPA 17-13 L

DEC 4 GREEN BAY 28-17 W

DEC 11 PITTSBURG 28-10 L

DEC 18 ATLANTA 28-24 W

DEC 25 @ GREEN BAY 27-20 L

JAN 1 @ MINNESOTA 20-10 LOSS

FINAL RECORD 11-5

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
FWIW the additions were:

Muhsin Muhammad

Eddie Berlin

Cedric Benson

Mark Bradley

Kyle Orton

Doug Brien

Roberto Garza

Fred Miller

with the only subtractions being Krenzel, Tucker, Edinger, and Quinn.

They have an easy schedule and solidified their Offensive Line and WR....

I know what they added, my point is I doubt that the upgrades are that drastic. As I said, Muhammad is an upgrade, but that still leaves us with only one legit receiver. That still is a weak spot. The line may or may not be stronger in my book since we didn't exactly add Walter Jones. We're moving Tait, one of our stronger linemen, to a spot where he may or may not work out as well. Miller, however solid we think he is, is still probably a downgrade from Tait, and Garza is only decent. I already mentioned Benson and his issues, and the other acquisitions aren't exactly earth shattering. As I said, I think it comes down to whether or not Grossman can be credible, and I have my doubts. If he can come in and throw in the mid 3000's with a 20/10 ratio, that's huge and might push them up a bit more than my assessment. However, I find that highly unlikely.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
I know what they added, my point is I doubt that the upgrades are that drastic. As I said, Muhammad is an upgrade, but that still leaves us with only one legit receiver. That still is a weak spot. The line may or may not be stronger in my book since we didn't exactly add Walter Jones. We're moving Tait, one of our stronger linemen, to a spot where he may or may not work out as well. Miller, however solid we think he is, is still probably a downgrade from Tait, and Garza is only decent. I already mentioned Benson and his issues, and the other acquisitions aren't exactly earth shattering. As I said, I think it comes down to whether or not Grossman can be credible, and I have my doubts. If he can come in and throw in the mid 3000's with a 20/10 ratio, that's huge and might push them up a bit more than my assessment. However, I find that highly unlikely.

1st off. Tait is a natural RT, we needed him at LT last year because thats where Rex needed the most blocking. Miller is a good mix of a run blocker and pass blocker. Look at what he did for Eddie George. And yes Rex still has lots to prove but I think it can be done and a playoff team can be fielded... :huh :)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
1st off. Tait is a natural RT, we needed him at LT last year because thats where Rex needed the most blocking. Miller is a good mix of a run blocker and pass blocker. Look at what he did for Eddie George. And yes Rex still has lots to prove but I think it can be done and a playoff team can be fielded... :huh  :)

Miller is what 32 or 34 now. I don't know if he'll be as much of an upgrade as Bears fans think (and that goes with the WR's as well), but we'll have to wait and see.

Garza wasn't even a starting O-lineman for the Falcons last year was he?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
Miller is what 32 or 34 now. I don't know if he'll be as much of an upgrade as Bears fans think (and that goes with the WR's as well), but we'll have to wait and see.

Garza wasn't even a starting O-lineman for the Falcons last year was he?

Garza started 15/16 last year for ATL

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Garza started 15/16 last year for ATL

Ahh my bad, well from what I can remember, he wasn't really that special for them, and they didn't really fight that hard to retain him. Interesting to see how he adjusts from Alex Gibbs to the Bears O-Line.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
Ahh my bad, well from what I can remember, he wasn't really that special for them, and they didn't really fight that hard to retain him. Interesting to see how he adjusts from Alex Gibbs to the Bears O-Line.

Ya he's not gonna make any Pro Bowls but I'm excited about him because well, it's better than last year.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 06:59 AM)
Boy, you're really going out on a limb with this prediction. :D

I'd say that we can win anywhere from 4 to 12.

well im being realistic.... I think for sure we should be able to get 7 wins but with a basicly bran new offense i dont expect anymore than 10...

The O-Line will take time to get used to each other, Benson will need some time to adjust especially the longer he holds out, Grossman needs some experiance and learn the system, the WR's need experiance other the Moose, and Desmond Clark is a s***ty TE he had that 1 season with Denver but he is crap.

On defense I expect us to be awesome but the offense is going to be the difference from 7 wins to 10.

Supposedly, Bobby Wade is really impressing people at camp.... but considering the guy has played 2 seasons in the NFL and still hasn't caught a ball in the endzone, he cant be regarded as either good... or dependable for any contributions.

Moose is gonna need Gage to take some pressure off him or else he wont sniff 10 touchdowns. Where Gage and Berrian Go.... so does the bears offense. I really think were going to be able to pass off the run - just how Turner likes it.

That being said... im really excited for this year. If we can get that offense in the teens, i think were wildcard bound.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
Supposedly, Bobby Wade is really impressing people at camp.... but considering the guy has played 2 seasons in the NFL and still hasn't caught a ball in the endzone, he cant be regarded as either good... or dependable for any contributions.

Moose is gonna need Gage to take some pressure off him or else he wont sniff 10 touchdowns.  Where Gage and Berrian Go.... so does the bears offense. I really think were going to be able to pass off the run - just how Turner likes it.

That being said... im really excited for this year. If we can get that offense in the teens, i think were wildcard bound.

I agree with the Gage/Berrian effect on Moose. If we can send Gage or Berrian deep, either on a fade route, a streak, or even a deep inside posts, iy could free up Moose underneath the safeties unless the defense uses a spy LB, which is unlikely because Rex doesn't run much. It should be exciting.....

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
SEPT 11 @ WAS  W

SEPT 18 DETROIT W

SEPT 25 CINCINATTI W

OCT 9 @ CLEVELAND W

OCTOBER 16 MINNESOTA W

OCTOBER 23 BALTIMORE L

OCTOBER 30 @ DETROIT W

NOVEMBER 6 @ NEW ORLEANS W

NOVEMBER 13 SAN FRAN W

NOVEMBER 20 CAROLINA W

NOVEMBER 27 @ TAMPA  L

DEC 4 GREEN BAY W

DEC 11 PITTSBURG L

DEC 18 ATLANTA W

DEC 25 @ GREEN BAY W

JAN 1 @ MINNESOTA L

FINAL RECORD 12-4

DIVISON CHAMPS

Win Wild Card round

Lose divisional Round

This all hinges on Grossman being healthy all season we dont have a great team but we have a very easy schedule.

I now change this to 5-11 if there lucky god dammit i had hopes for this season all shot down. I wanted Grossman to do good but this is rediculous we need a new QB. Im sorry but no more grossman.

Well that is some bulls***. The Bears will go 1-15 without Rex and Thomas Jones will lead the team in receptions again. f***ing injury bug hates the damn Bears. Mush better step up HUGE if we want a shot at the playoffs and whoever the f*** starts better be a billiuon times better than what we had last year. f***ing b****! :angry: Welcome to Chicago Matt Leinart!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
Well that is some bulls***. The Bears will go 1-15 without Rex and Thomas Jones will lead the team in receptions again. f***ing injury bug hates the damn Bears. Mush better step up HUGE if we want a shot at the playoffs and whoever the f*** starts better be a billiuon times better than what we had last year. f***ing b****! :angry: Welcome to Chicago Matt Leinart!

That would mean the Bears have the worst record and have a chance at Leinart. That's not the case. Bears always try to win worthless games at the end and always end up f'n up their draft position because of it.

Spending 50 million on a draft pick isn't always a great thing. I'd still be a fan of trading down because quite frankly I rarely think its worth drafting a guy #1 overall or really anywhere in the top 5 because you give way them way too much money and tie up the cap thanks to the whopping signing bonuses they get.