Atlanta..........

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I've been here since last Saturday at a conference and this city is just totally horrible!!!!

Trash everywhere, crackheads walking around in what was supposed to be a nice area near the airport, like a zillion cops prowling around doing seemingly nothing. Plus the weather sucks ass as well. I totally can't wait to fly outta here on Friday morning.

YUCK!!!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
Atlanta is a complete armpit of a city.  End of story.

Funny, I thought it was another piece of anatomy...more like an anus. I have bad memories of Atlanta. While going through Georgia, I got sick in the car (12+ hrs on the road will do that) and so I wanted to go into a gas station bathroom to clean up. The f***ing clerk made me buy $5 of stuff before he'd give me the key to the bathroom...f***ing prick.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I've been here since last Saturday at a conference and this city is just totally horrible!!!!

Trash everywhere,  crackheads walking around in what was supposed to be a nice area near the airport, like a zillion cops prowling around doing seemingly nothing.  Plus the weather sucks ass as well.  I totally can't wait to fly outta here on Friday morning.

YUCK!!!

I'm glad you like it!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)

Trash everywhere,  crackheads walking around in what was supposed to be a nice area near the airport, like a zillion cops prowling around doing seemingly nothing.  Plus the weather sucks ass as well.  I totally can't wait to fly outta here on Friday morning.

YUCK!!!

so, what you're saying is Nuke Atlanta??

I lived in Atlanta for awhile and you obviously haven't made it far from your hotel to check out the city. There are definitely nice parts in the city...check out Buckhead, Virginia-Highland, Little Five Points, Midtown, Centennial Park... lots to do. Sounds like your hotel is right near the airport which is in a s***ty area, I don't know who in the hell told you that that was a nice part of Atlanta. Anything South of 20 and north of McDonough is ghetto, like avoid it if you can kinda ghetto. Downtown is just like any other downtown area, there are nice parts and s*** parts...you've just got to know where to go.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
I lived in Atlanta for awhile and you obviously haven't made it far from your hotel to check out the city.  There are definitely nice parts in the city...check out Buckhead, Virginia-Highland, Little Five Points, Midtown, Centennial Park... lots to do.  Sounds like your hotel is right near the airport which is in a s***ty area, I don't know who in the hell told you that that was a nice part of Atlanta.  Anything South of 20 and north of McDonough is ghetto, like avoid it if you can kinda ghetto.  Downtown is just like any other downtown area, there are nice parts and s*** parts...you've just got to know where to go.

Where is the s***ty part of downtown Chicago?

I remember going to Atlanta for Sox and Braves back in 2002.

The fact that the Sox got swept wasn't enough, as I remember walking downtown seeing crackheads playing cards on two buckets right in the middle of the sidewalk.

I was glad to get out of that town, it was a total dump everywhere we went, including right around the ballpark.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
I remember going to Atlanta for Sox and Braves back in 2002.

The fact that the Sox got swept wasn't enough, as I remember walking downtown seeing crackheads playing cards on two buckets right in the middle of the sidewalk.

I was glad to get out of that town, it was a total dump everywhere we went, including right around the ballpark.

When I was in Phoenix, a lot of the dowtown area is like that. Around the BOB and America West Arena it's nice, but you go a little west of there and it's just crackheads everywhere. My Dad's workmates thought it'd be a good initiation for me in America if I got dropped off there and they drove off. :lolhitting

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
There are none.  Even the neighborhoods next to downtown are all nice now.

Yep, in fact, the majority of the inner city is at least decent now, a big chunk of it is very nice. I remember when most of it was not so nice.

Never been to Atlanta.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Funny, I thought it was another piece of anatomy...more like an anus.  I have bad memories of Atlanta.  While going through Georgia, I got sick in the car (12+ hrs on the road will do that) and so I wanted to go into a gas station bathroom to clean up.  The f***ing clerk made me buy $5 of stuff before he'd give me the key to the bathroom...f***ing prick.

Shoulda just lost it on the counter. That woulda showed him!!! :D

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
Funny, I thought it was another piece of anatomy...more like an anus.  I have bad memories of Atlanta.  While going through Georgia, I got sick in the car (12+ hrs on the road will do that) and so I wanted to go into a gas station bathroom to clean up.  The f***ing clerk made me buy $5 of stuff before he'd give me the key to the bathroom...f***ing prick.

Consider yourself lucky they even had a public bathroom.

I've never found ONE public restroom at a gas station in Chicago.