- 08-04-05 - Jays @ Sox -

redandwhite

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
bye bye Borchard though

Mark my words. If Carl Everett needs a DL trip, Anderson WILL NOT be the call up. The one move they could make is to 60 day DL Frank to open up a spot, but it doesn't seem like they want to do that, or they would have already.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Mark my words.  If Carl Everett needs a DL trip, Anderson WILL NOT be the call up.  The one move they could make is to 60 day DL Frank to open up a spot, but it doesn't seem like they want to do that, or they would have already.

They WILL do that to Frank eventually to free up an additional spot. I would like them to bring up Anderson, but we all know it wont happen. I just think he gives us a little more to work with defensively than Gload who is basically a DH/1B

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Mark my words.  If Carl Everett needs a DL trip, Anderson WILL NOT be the call up.  The one move they could make is to 60 day DL Frank to open up a spot, but it doesn't seem like they want to do that, or they would have already.

They may not want to do it, but if Everett gets hurt they might decide that's their best option.

Who else do we have that they could call up if Everett truly is down? Borchard?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Guys, what's the deal with Carl?

I just saw him go down, is he out of the game already?

This could be bad news.

Who knows, I'd assume he'll be done for today but we wont know until his next plate appearance.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
They may not want to do it, but if Everett gets hurt they might decide that's their best option.

Borchard is a logical choice, although if they really are trading him, I would not showcase him as he is at maximum value as is.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)

Gload.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
Guys, what's the deal with Carl?

I just saw him go down, is he out of the game already?

This could be bad news.

He's the DH, so we won't know until the lineup cycles through again.

I'll bet we have a Timo sighting no matter what in the 7th or 8th inning when Everett's spot comes back up if we still have a lead, so I'm not sure I'd read too much into it until we get a full report.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
He's the DH, so we won't know until the lineup cycles through again.

I'll bet we have a Timo sighting no matter what in the 7th or 8th inning when Everett's spot comes back up if we still have a lead, so I'm not sure I'd read too much into it until we get a full report.

Mercy.

That is one guy we can NOT afford to lose right now.

Best case scenario, I think you're looking at Carl out of the line for at least two of the games against the M's.