- 08-04-05 - Jays @ Sox -

redandwhite

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
I feel more comfortable with PK there.  Sorry I dont care what they say, he makes every routine play and scoops everything.

Even if the player himself says the other guy is the better fielder, not to mention the manager who says Gload could win a gold glove there?!

I'm not dissing PK, who has improved a lot over the years. But Gload is the better fielder, no question

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Even if the player himself says the other guy is the better fielder, not to mention the manager who says Gload could win a gold glove there?!

I'm not dissing PK, who has improved a lot over the years. But Gload is the better fielder, no question

I just hope this isn't a 'ross gload should be our everyday starter next year' argument...

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)

PK could win a gold glove there too IMO. But I still would feel more comfortable with PK there. And I think the org feels the same way as I do.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Nah. You'd just have to pay all the expenses and extras [higher insurance costs, fines, court costs, etc] The second one and the hammer comes down [depending if you're 16, 17]

Can you be my father?

It just sucks that I'm losing a bunch of "privledges" and have to pay assloads of money while making next to nothing at my job.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
PK could win a gold glove there too IMO.  But I still would feel more comfortable with PK there.  And I think the org feels the same way as I do.

PK is reliable on the receiving end of throws, but he won't win a gold glove simply because he doesn't have much range over there. For AL 1st baseman with as many games played as him, he has one of the lowest total numbers of attempts - he just doesn't get to enough balls.

Why the Hell do we keep walking Zaun?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
PK could win a gold glove there too IMO.  But I still would feel more comfortable with PK there.  And I think the org feels the same way as I do.

PK's decent. But not a gold glover. And I'll stand by both PK's and Ozzie's statements that Gload is better in the field than PK.

I think the sox would like a better bat than Gload's, if Carl is out for awhile. But they'd be hard pressed to find a better glove.