Local Reports

spiderman

What do these guys do ? I know you're not going to hear everything, everytime, but what exactly do these guys do besides check newspapers/message boards around the Internet for their information ???

This Griffey stuff is priceless...The report comes out, and both have been their stations since acting like it was something that they knew about, trying to sound 'on top' of the situation....

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
What do these guys do ? I know you're not going to hear everything, everytime, but what exactly do these guys do besides check newspapers/message boards around the Internet for their information ???

This Griffey stuff is priceless...The report comes out, and both have been their stations since acting like it was something that they knew about, trying to sound 'on top' of the situation....

They talk to GM's PERSONALLY, having their numbers on their cellphones. They don't read message boards and the internet for their information. They get it at the source, at least Levine does, I know for sure.

QUOTE(DaveIsHere @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
Levine is a waste of oxygen with his "This guy wont go to the Sox" and then his "Hendry is getting Ramirez as everyone wants to be a Cub"

I hate Levine

Levine is a dope.. he's a big Cub fan.

QUOTE(DaveIsHere @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Levine is a waste of oxygen with his "This guy wont go to the Sox" and then his "Hendry is getting Ramirez as everyone wants to be a Cub"

I hate Levine

The Ramirez to the Cubs stuff was hilarious. All the Cub fans thought there was a real chance that they would get him. I remember Boers and Bernstein said they could get him for Sergio Mitre, Felix Pie, and Jeromy Burnitz. :lol: Forget the fact that it was the 4th time that he has demanded a trade and that the last time they were close it was for Alex Rodriguez. :D

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
Levine is a dope.. he's a big Cub fan.

Yes he is. When I listen to Chicago Baseabll Tonite at 11:00 after the Sox post, he makes the stupidest comments and goes from talking about baseball to HBO shows. Thats ok if the name of your show is NOT Chicago Baseball Tonite. Its better when Brian Dolgin does the show by himself. Bruce Levine is a moron.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Yes he is.  When I listen to Chicago Baseabll Tonite at 11:00 after the Sox post, he makes the stupidest comments and goes from talking about baseball to HBO shows.  Thats ok if the name of your show is NOT Chicago Baseball Tonite.  Its better when Brian Dolgin does the show by himself.  Bruce Levine is a moron.

yes he is Ozz.

i don't know why people get so fired up over guys like gammons, levine, ofman etc.

chicago is a competitive media market, which means that these guys are going to roll with what they here when they hear it. some deals pan out, some don't, but it does not mean that guys are just making things up.

i can promise you that a guys like levine or offman are not going to go public with information that has absolutely no basis in fact. they'd lose total face with not only the public, but with their sources who would recognize them as unreliable and probably untrustworthy.

neither of those guys would have jobs if their sources were not good, because you can bet their bosses know who those sources are.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
i don't know why people get so fired up over guys like gammons, levine, ofman etc.

chicago is a competitive media market, which means that these guys are going to roll with what they here when they hear it. some deals pan out, some don't, but it does not mean that guys are just making things up.

i can promise you that a guys like levine or offman are not going to go public with information that has absolutely no basis in fact. they'd lose total face with not only the public, but with their sources who would recognize them as unreliable and probably untrustworthy.

neither of those guys would have jobs if their sources were not good, because you can bet their bosses know who those sources are.

To be honest I think some of the guys on here are more comfortable with their panties wedged firmly up their ass.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Yes he is.  When I listen to Chicago Baseabll Tonite at 11:00 after the Sox post, he makes the stupidest comments and goes from talking about baseball to HBO shows.  Thats ok if the name of your show is NOT Chicago Baseball Tonite.  Its better when Brian Dolgin does the show by himself.  Bruce Levine is a moron.

I went too far. Actually I think he does a fine job reporting but MAN sometimes I think he gets a little caried away with Entourage. :lol:

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
The Ramirez to the Cubs stuff was hilarious. All the Cub fans thought there was a real chance that they would get him. I remember Boers and Bernstein said they could get him for Sergio Mitre, Felix Pie, and Jeromy Burnitz. :lol: Forget the fact that it was the 4th time that he has demanded a trade and that the last time they were close it was for Alex Rodriguez. :D

Uhm, you forget that he was on waivers no more than 20 months ago? The issue is cash. We could have given the f***ing Red Sox Timo Perez for Manny, as long as we'd take on 20 million a year.