Mini-DVD recorders

southsider2k5

The wife and I are planning on getting some decent recording stuff for when the baby is born. We were in best buy last weekend and spotted the mini-DVD recorders, and I was curious if anyone had one, and what they thought of them? I know we want to get a nice digital camera that has the direct dock into the computer to download pics, but we thought a recorder might be a nice idea too.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
The wife and I are planning on getting some decent recording stuff for when the baby is born.  We were in best buy last weekend and spotted the mini-DVD recorders, and I was curious if anyone had one, and what they thought of them?  I know we want to get a nice digital camera that has the direct dock into the computer to download pics, but we thought a recorder might be a nice idea too.

I just bought mine around the 4th of July and got this one from here and I love it. It takes digital photos and every time you start recording again it creates a new chapter. There is a problem with it already, but it's still under warranty so I'm going to send it in soon. The next model up is supposd to take better quality digital photos. I haven't downloaded or printed any of the photos yet. They show up on the DVD like another chapter.

Buy it online. The site I posted lists it for $589. Regular price at Best Buy and Sony's web site was $799.

Any other questions, just ask. I did pretty extensive research while looking for this.

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
I just bought mine around the 4th of July and got  this one from here and I love it. It takes digital photos and every time you start recording again it creates a new chapter. There is a problem with it already, but it's still under warranty so I'm going to send it in soon. The next model up is supposd to take better quality digital photos. I haven't downloaded or printed any of the photos yet. They show up on the DVD like another chapter.

Buy it online. The site I posted lists it for $589. Regular price at Best Buy and Sony's web site was $799.

Any other questions, just ask. I did pretty extensive research while looking for this.

So they take digital photos as well? That might sell me on one of these instead. Also can you hook it into your computer to DL and send pics?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
So they take digital photos as well?  That might sell me on one of these instead.  Also can you hook it into your computer to DL and send pics?

Yeah. Like I said, I haven't yet, but you can. With a DVD burner, you can burn the mini DVD onto a regular sized DVD to give to Grandparents and what-not. The mini DVDs play in most players, but are more expensive than regular sized ones.