Everett's groin strain

VAfan

How many games will Everett likely sit because of the groin strain he got during his pick off today? Remember with Ozzie is always until he's healthy +1. I take it they aren't looking at the DL over this, are they?

I don't want to see Everett go down, but I do think the Sox should try to find a way to rest him more, and Blum can only rest so many guys.

With 12 pitchers it is impossible, but are there any thoughts to bringing up a Brian Anderson or some other hitter who might spell Carl? They don't seem willing to give Gload that chance, though he's the logical choice.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
This is starting to scare me. Is no one else worried with Frank gone and now Carl facing problems?

I have some concerns, which is why I posted this thread. But the Sox have to choose between having 12 pitchers to rest their pen, and having the extra hitter to rest Everett along with the other fielders - Konero and Rowand and Pods, especially. Blum can't play several positions at once.

We may have to ride it out for the next month seeing Timo in the lineup more. Come September we can expand with call ups.

Fortunately we have a comfortable lead which keeps any of this from being a crisis.

Right now, give Carl as much rest as possible, definitely sit him out this whole series against seattle and then see how he's feeling on Monday and hope he's able to go against the Yankees. We need Carl down the stretch so just make sure he's ready to go before we put him back in the lineup.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
That's what Ozzie said in his postgame news conference. He said Blum will play some first with Konerko at DH and see Timo in LF and Pods at DH.

Is Timo better in Left than Pods? Or is this just a way to get Pods more rest?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Is Timo better in Left than Pods?  Or is this just a way to get Pods more rest?

I'm assuming it's a combination of resting Pods' legs and getting the better arm in LF which Timo does have. I will never call Timo a good defensive OFer atleast until I see him catch a ball with two hands.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
I'm assuming it's a combination of resting Pods' legs and getting the better arm in LF which Timo does have. I will never call Timo a good defensive OFer atleast until I see him catch a ball with two hands.

Barely any player in baseball catches the ball with 2 hands. Timo definitely isn't a good defender, just saying though.

Considered how Uribe missed longer than the original diagnosis stated with his groin, I'm thinking they may play it on the safe side and keep Carl out until at least Monday or Tuesday just to be sure.

I hope carl gets thru this without any complications..

this is what happened to him last year and we all know how that played out..not good for the SOX.

We need his bat ...because the G-Load experiment failed!!

Although i would not mind seeing paulie as DH and letting Blum play first and give him some batting time.. oh well we sahll see how this plays out!

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
When Ozzie says somebody will be rested for the series, he means for the whole series and probably the first 2 games of the next series too.

And Pods has been terrible lately. How many of his CS were in the last few games?

I believe he's been caught something like 7 of his last 9 attempts.

A loose shoelace led to White Sox DH Carl Everett's groin pull Thursday. Everett tripped over his shoelace while taking his lead off first base, fell to the ground and suffered a mild strain in his right groin during the rundown that followed. He's expected to miss two or three games.

-- Daily Southtown

Just to make matters worse, it was that DAMN SHOELACE!!!!

All you ever need to know you learned in kindergarten.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
How did it fail?

He barely got a chance to do anything except make one mistake and be sent away because of it.

I guess your right.. he only had 17 at bats and 1 hit..

I just have never been sold on him...maybe thats why im so hard on him.. i guess it could be worse and they recall borchard.. :banghead