Vizciano a lot better lately

tony72

I'm not taking anything away from Iguchi, Rowand or Pollitte - but Vizciano did an awesome job coming in the 8th with a runner on second and no outs and not allowing any more damage.

To me - this is as important as the home run in the top of the ninth. Two months ago I wanted to trade this guy..but lately he has been coming in in some tough situations and getting the outs.

It is good to see that we now have several good arms in the bullpen

Pollitte

Cotts

Hermanson

Jenks

Viz

Very few AL Team have one solid pitcher in relief - much less three or four..

:cheers :cheers :cheers for Vizciano (my first for Vizciano this year)..

We complained about him earlier...let's give him a HELL YEAH !! today.. :gosoxretro:

First batters faced are hitting .194 off of him.

I think that's a very important stat to have coming out of the bullpen. He's an important arm to have. The more he pitches, the better he seems to get.

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
I was listening to the post game on ESPN, and Dolgin said something about his era being sub-1 for his last 17 appearances. Not bad at all.  :o

He's got a 1.04 ERA since the All - Star Break, and had a 2.25 ERA in June and a 1.20 ERA in July.

He's appeared in 45 games now, and he's a workhorse. The more innings he throws, the better he seems to get. A valuable commodity come playoff time if he can keep it up, but of course he can't afford to get in love with slider of his again. Still doesn't have the greatest ERA at the Cell compared to away games, but hopefully that'll keep improving.