VOTE IN ESPN.COM'S POLL...NOW!!!

GasHeGone

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
After nearly being swept by Toronto, with the Red Sox on an 8 game winning streak and playing the best baseball they've played all year, I would agree with the espn.com poll that right now the Red Sox are the best team in baseball.

:huh

Uh, redandwhite, if the BoSox were in the AL Central, they'd be 8 games behind the White Sox. So until the Red Sox win another 8 in a row coupled with an 8 game White Sox skid, my vote goes to the White Sox.

You know what, who gives a damn. Boston deserve to be voted the best team in the AL because we haven't proved squat yet. They're the defending champs, they're the hot team in baseball, and quite frankly I'm happy for all of the "national" attention to go their way. Until the Sox make the playoffs and actually prove something, they don't really deserve much in my opinion.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
You know what, who gives a damn. Boston deserve to be voted the best team in the AL because we haven't proved squat yet. They're the defending champs, they're the hot team in baseball, and quite frankly I'm happy for all of the "national" attention to go their way. Until the Sox make the playoffs and actually prove something, they don't really deserve much in my opinion.

Excellent post.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Uh, redandwhite, if the BoSox were in the AL Central, they'd be 8 games behind the White Sox.  So until the Red Sox win another 8 in a row coupled with an 8 game White Sox skid, my vote goes to the White Sox.

Excellent post.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
Seriously, the Blue Jays are awful I mean who loses a series to them...

I wouldn't go that far. They've done well to keep their heads above water with Halliday out, and they're only what 6 games back from the A's. Got a very nice young rotation too.

It's ironic though, they need a big bat in their lineup, and Carlos Delgado would be perfect right now, but then if they kept him they wouldn't have Shea Hillenbrand. If only they didn't have Eric Hinske's contract.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
I wouldn't go that far. They've done well to keep their heads above water with Halliday out, and they're only what 6 games back from the A's. Got a very nice young rotation too.

It's ironic though, they need a big bat in their lineup, and Carlos Delgado would be perfect right now, but then if they kept him they wouldn't have Shea Hillenbrand. If only they didn't have Eric Hinske's contract.

I'm kidding, the took 3 series vs. Boston

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Just vote, dude.  I'm sick of us sitting in the shadow of the East Coast Media Bias. How can we not be winning this poll?

we gotta worry about the media in our own city let alone worry about the eas coast. either way we shouldnt care

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
After nearly being swept by Toronto, with the Red Sox on an 8 game winning streak and playing the best baseball they've played all year, I would agree with the espn.com poll that right now the Red Sox are the best team in baseball.

White Sox 70-37

Red Sox 62-45

Thread over.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Uh, redandwhite, if the BoSox were in the AL Central, they'd be 8 games behind the White Sox.  So until the Red Sox win another 8 in a row coupled with an 8 game White Sox skid, my vote goes to the White Sox.

Thats assuming that the White Sox wouldve manhandled them like they have the rest of the Central up to this point. B cuz they would have played the BoSox more than just four times so far IF they were in the Central.

The Red Sox have recently played KC, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay. I mean, they're winning, but it's not exactly stellar competition. To call them the best team in the AL right now is assinine. They don't have one pitcher who scares me right now (David Wells is the closest thing).

QUOTE(Spiff @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
The Red Sox have recently played KC, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay.  I mean, they're winning, but it's not exactly stellar competition.  To call them the best team in the AL right now is assinine.  They don't have one pitcher who scares me right now (David Wells is the closest thing).

Anaheim and Oakland worry me a lot more than boston. Until boston gets that rotation in order I can't see how they are the best in the AL.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)

And Oakland is 37-11 in their last 48 games. I'm glad you thought long and hard on your vote!