Natalee Holloway Rant

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
It's the media.  She WAS young, white and hot.  Also, the potential for a sleazy tabloid type story is there, even it's pure speculation.

How long til a friend of hers writes a book or starts doing the talk show circuit?

Or how long until there's a made-for-tv movie made about her? You know, the one where she's going to help the 3 guys change a flat tire after she just got out of church where she was praying for the underpriveleged children she's there to help build houses for.

I am just a little surprised to see anybody saying the parents failed. I mean, s***, many parents do their best, but no matter how hard you try, people are born with free will and will do as they please. You can't lay it on poor upbringing unless you were in that house and saw how she was raised. No matter, I am sure her parents are living with a s***load of regret right now, and wishing they could turn back time. Yes, she f***ed up. Yes, the media is exploiting it. No, the parents did not fail, not as far as you know.

And no, she did not deserve to die. Only certain people should die, and a teen girl making a REALLY stupid mistake did NOT deserve to die. She desrved to have the "gangbang" filmed and then sent all over the internet, thereby humiliating the s*** out of her, and hopefully keeping her from doing something so damned stupid ever again.

But death? No.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
I believe that is pretty much everyone's point so far.

Nuke just made his less delicately.

Read his post.. Nuke did exactly what he meant to do. Blame her and her parents for her death.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
Read his post.. Nuke did exactly what he meant to do. Blame her and her parents for her death.

Well... I'm sure that she got herself drunk and stayed out after curfew, per her own choice.

Her parents are not at fault for her death, the school would be more at fault, IMO.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
Do we know that she was drunk?

I wonder what kind of release the parents have to sign for the trip and if the school or someone is liable.

No, we don't. We also don't know he she had sex with one of them, let alone all three of them.

We do know that she was a straight A student, part of the honor society, cheerleader, active in school sports and social activities, etc.. And apparently naive and too trusting as well.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Well... I'm sure that she got herself drunk and stayed out after curfew, per her own choice.

Her parents are not at fault for her death, the school would be more at fault, IMO.

The only person/persons at fault for her death is the asshole/assholess that killed her.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)
I'll show how little I actually pay attention to current events:

Have the found her, or do they even know that she is infact dead?

No, and no.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
The only person/persons at fault for her death is the asshole/assholes that killed her.

This is 100% percent correct.

There's a tone of borderline happiness about her death from some posts in this thread that I find disturbing.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
This is 100% percent correct.

There's a tone of borderline happiness about her death from some posts in this thread that I find disturbing.

Not to hijack this thread in the "dead horse" direction, but I am curious to know how many in the "it's her own damned fault, the stupid rich whore" camp would call themselves children of god in one way or another? Just a guess, but I think all of them.....

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
Not to hijack this thread in the "dead horse" direction, but I am curious to know how many in the "it's her own damned fault, the stupid rich whore" camp would call themselves children of god in one way or another?  Just a guess, but I think all of them.....

Ha, yes. I'm the son of God.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
Not to hijack this thread in the "dead horse" direction, but I am curious to know how many in the "it's her own damned fault, the stupid rich whore" camp would call themselves children of god in one way or another?  Just a guess, but I think all of them.....

Food for thought..

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
If you want irony, guess what?  We are all complaining about the media giving legs to this story, but guess what?  We have five pages of discussion about it right here!  The media is giving the story legs, but obviously the public is running with them. Friggin' public!!!

SFF

No, we're not ALL complaining about it.

I'm upset at all the media coverage about this non-story, but for a different reason. Look at all the real news that is being ignored! Hello? Karl Rove committed treason, but that's getting swept under the rug. The war in Iraq is going miserably, but they're not reporting on that.

The news media has turned into frickin' People and the Enquirer.

:chair

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
I'm upset at all the media coverage about this non-story, but for a different reason.  Look at all the real news that is being ignored!  Hello?  Karl Rove committed treason, but that's getting swept under the rug.  The war in Iraq is going miserably, but they're not reporting on that.

The war in Iraq going miserably is not reported? What the hell planet are you living on?

How about the good things going on over there that's not being reported? I'm not saying it's all roses over there, but it's not as bad as you just portrayed it.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)

I see where you're going with that and you're wrong. I dont preach morality, I preach personal responsibility and there was a total dearth of it in this case. I am the founder of the "it's her own damned fault, the stupid rich whore" camp and you didn't hear me mention morals or God or values once anywhere and you won't in the future.

Steff. Call it speculation if you want to but people don't just go home with strangers they meet in a club for the purposes of talking about politics or the weather. To think either she or they had innocent intentions that night is naive at best.

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
I'm upset at all the media coverage about this non-story, but for a different reason.  Look at all the real news that is being ignored!  Hello?  Karl Rove committed treason, but that's getting swept under the rug.  The war in Iraq is going miserably, but they're not reporting on that.

Let me guess: you are called "Balance" because "Don't_Blame_Me_I_Voted_For_Kerry" doesn't fit in the screen name area.

SFF

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
Steff.  Call it speculation if you want to but people don't just go home with strangers they meet in a club for the purposes of talking about politics or the weather.  To think either she or they had innocent intentions that night is naive at best.

Since I wasn't there that's all I can call it.

I'm sure she was drinking, as reported, and I'm sure she was dancing it up with them, as reported, and having a good time... all 3 things I have done on vacation with my girlfriends. However this was 8 to 10 years ago back when the date rape drug, etc... were not heard of. Getting slipped a "mickey" is common practice now and from the reports of a witness who saw then outside the club the girl was passed out and they were carrying her.... doesn't sound to me like she went willing. Regardless... back in my hay day some girls I partied with did some stupid ass s***, twice we had to save the same girl from nearly getting date raped..... I guess my point is that IF something tragic had happened to her the LAST person I would be blaming would be her.

Personal responsibility... what about their personal responsibility NOT to murder someone.......

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
I see where you're going with that and you're wrong.  I dont preach morality, I preach personal responsibility and there was a total dearth of it in this case.  I am the founder of the "it's her own damned fault, the stupid rich whore" camp and you didn't hear me mention morals or God or values once anywhere and you won't in the future.

Now she's a rich whore...

Come on NUKE. Step down for just a second and realize that sometimes good people do stupid things... Sure doesn't mean they deserve to be murdered because of them.

Would you call your sister, mother, cousin, etc... the same?

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
Now she's a rich whore...

Come on NUKE. Step down for just a second and realize that sometimes good people do stupid things... Sure doesn't mean they deserve to be murdered because of them.

Would you call your sister, mother, cousin, etc... the same?

Absolutely. I dont play favorites, I call em like I see em.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Personal responsibility... what about their personal responsibility NOT to murder someone.......

Steff, you've read enough of my posts to know what I think about these 3 assholes. That should be a given.