- 08-05-05 - Mariners @ Sox -

redandwhite

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Let's hope that's the last fastball we throw to Sexson this series.  He's been absolutely on fire lately.

In his last 7 games he's been hitting a whopping .158. That's his first HR in that timespan.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
He was 0 for his last 10 coming into that AB.

He also now has 10 homers since the ASB in 21 games. I'd consider that to be in a pretty good rhythm at the plate.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
In his last 7 games he's been hitting a whopping .158.  That's his first HR in that timespan.

Check his stats since the All Star break. Lots of homers, I bet.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
That's not his fault at all...the guys around him just haven't been performing.  Ichiro hitting only .303, Beltre hitting .256, yikes.

I'm not knocking the guy at all, I'm just saying his season hasn't really been all that publicized and I didn't realize he was knocking the ball out of the park that much this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Don't start s*** tonight.  Just lay off, I didn't say anything you should take personally.

I'm not starting anything. Just correcting your statement so people don't get the wrong ideas. 0 for his last 10 is not hot. When you say hot, people think getting a lot of productive hits, not hitting .158 in last 7 games.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
I'm not starting anything. Just correcting your statement so people don't get the wrong ideas. 0 for his last 10 is not hot. When you say hot, people think getting a lot of productive hits, not hitting .158 in last 7 games.

He has the most homers in the AL since the ASB.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Are you sure about that?  According to ESPN.com, Giambi has 11, and that one makes 9 for Sexson.

Damn, forgot about Giambi's two from last night. The Sexson homer thing was from rotoworld a few days ago, and then Giambi hit those two last night. Good catch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
Damn, forgot about Giambi's two from last night.  The Sexson homer thing was from rotoworld a few days ago, and then Giambi hit those two last night.  Good catch.

Either way you're right he's been hot since the AS break, but he's been ice cold for the last week before that shot. Can we agree now and resume to cursing Giambi as a juiced up greedy lazy SOB?

When you associate Sexson with swinging the bat well, you're not going to say he's in a groove because he's batting .500 over 10 games. Sexson is a home run hitter, and if he's averaging a homer a little less than every other game since the ASB.....I would say he's swinging the bat well.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
BTW, any word on how long Everett is out?  If it's going to be an extended period, we need to call up another hitter.  Our bench is extremely thin right now.

Dr. Pain told ozzie that it's not to serious and Carl will probably just need a few days off.