- 08-05-05 - Mariners @ Sox -

redandwhite

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
We are going to get into the playoffs.  The other teams dont matter.

Its time for this team to learn how to string a few hits together without trying to park everyone into the stands.  They need to get back to situational hitting.  Driving the runner in.  Its time to get this offense going before the playoffs.  When 6+ Era pitchers can shut us down for most of a game its pretty focking sad.

Do you ever contribute anything to game threads except for b****ing about the offense?? We understand your freakin point already.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
You're nuts!  For the time being, I'm much more worried about the fact that Twins and Indians are winning.  I simply find it amazing that anyone would be worried about freaking wild card teams now, with the division not even being close to being clinched.  Even KW said that the only thing we've clinched is being in first place on August 4th!

Neither one of those teams is going to play .750 baseball from here on out. Nobody has lost a lead this big, this late in the history of the game. We have the biggest lead in a division in baseball.

Cleveland and Minny do not matter.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
We are going to get into the playoffs.  The other teams dont matter.

Its time for this team to learn how to string a few hits together without trying to park everyone into the stands.  They need to get back to situational hitting.  Driving the runner in.  Its time to get this offense going before the playoffs.  When 6+ Era pitchers can shut us down for most of a game its pretty focking sad.

I know, I was looking at the #1 seed and homefield. Thats the only thing we're playing for at this point. If we win tonight we will likely be up 9.5 games in that category.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Neither one of those teams is going to play .750 baseball from here on out. Nobody has lost a lead this big, this late in the history of the game. We have the biggest lead in a division in baseball.

Cleveland and Minny do not matter.

Just remember....I'm pretty sure no team had ever comeback from 3 games down in the playoffs to win a baseball series.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Just remember....I'm pretty sure no team had ever comeback from 3 games down in the playoffs to win a baseball series.

Cleveland is not Boston. ANd Cleveland has to win a whole lot more than 4 in a row. Apples and Oranges.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Okay, thank you. And that's why Cleveland and Minny don't really matter.  :lol:

Just cause some idiot like myself says they'll make the playoffs, it doesn't mean s***. I equated it the other day to Illinois coming from behind to beat Arizona. Arizona needed everything to go wrong that possibly could, and they weren't able to hold on.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)

The difference is Boston was a better team then the Yankees, Cleveland and Minny are no where near as good as we are. By the way, I've said plenty of times I won't consider anything over until the magic numbers hits 0.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
The difference is Boston was a better team then the Yankees, Cleveland and Minny are no where near the teams we are.  By the way, I've said plenty of times I won't consider anything over until the magic numbers hits 0.

Cleveland, with Victor Martinez hitting like he did last year, is a damn good team. By no means am I saying that they're 14 games better than us for the rest of the season. It's just their schedule which frightens me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Cleveland, with Victor Martinez hitting like he did last year, is a damn good team.  By no means am I saying that they're 14 games better than us for the rest of the season.  It's just their schedule which frightens me.

Cleveland doesn't frighten me at all to be perfectly honest.

I understand your worry about Cleveland, but they would have to go on an amaing roll, and we would have to pretty muck tank it for them to catch us. I'll worry about them if they get within 5 and more than 15 games remaining.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Not the right time for Garcia to hang a 2 strike pitch.  Pods didn't play that ball very well, but at least we got an out because of the misplay.

Actually that was a pretty damn good play by Scott, that ball took a funky hop and he just managed to knock it down.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
Cleveland doesn't frighten me at all to be perfectly honest.

To be perfectly honest, I'm more worried about the Sox playing well below .500 for the rest of the way, opening the door for a race to the end. We have to get things going at home, because we're not exactly scoring a lot of runs against some very medicore pitchers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
To be perfectly honest, I'm more worried about the Sox playing well below .500 for the rest of the way, opening the door for a race to the end.  We have to get things going at home, because we're not exactly scoring a lot of runs against some very medicore pitchers.

You've been worried about the Sox tanking it since April.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
Actually that was a pretty damn good play by Scott, that ball took a funky hop and he just managed to knock it down.

Well, that shows the difference between you and me. When a ball bounces away from an outfielder to allow a run to score, I get upset. When it happens, you find a way to say it was a good play. That's why we've agreed to disagree!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
Well, that shows the difference between you and me.  When a ball bounces away from an outfielder to allow a run to score, I get upset. When it happens, you find a way to say it was a good play.  That's why we've agreed to disagree!

The ball took a hard hop and just rolled real fast along the wall, not many outfielders are able to play that ball perfectly.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
You've been worried about the Sox tanking it since April.

You're right...and one of the main reasons was that I didn't think our offense could get in done at home games during the summer, when the ball is flying out of the park. Our pitchers were amazing in the first half, especially when the Cell was playing big. Now, that it's back to a launching pad, our starters are basically back to their average stats (besides Garland). Do we have like 2 scoring plays in the last 4 games that weren't homers?