DeLuca's colimn today

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
I don't think Griffey and his off-the-field actions are in question here.  What i was upset about was the fact that we have the best team in baseball....a decent ballpark......dedicated fans....and a very nice city and still players like Junior don't want to play here.  Maybe i'm one of those south-side fans that always feel slighted but i get tired of everyone wanting to play in NY, or Boston,,or (shudder) the North side. 

What do the Sox have to do to get a few more name players in here??? I don't think Griffey have even been close to a series in his career and certainly the Reds aren't going any time soon...so why wouldn't he want to come here????  The spring training excuse is a joke...and it's not like he has a history with WS fans (like say..Torri Hunter). 

Don't get me wrong.....i'm not terribly upset we didn't get Junior but at the same time...i do feel a bit slighted that he wouldn't even consider coming here. 

so to that....again......Junior...F U

:finger  :finger  :finger

First off, that was his agent not Jr. Second, limited trade lists are done before the season so our record now would have no bearing whatsoever. Third and maybe most importantly, Jr is home where he wants to be.

I don't know if Griffey really wants to come here or not. But if he DID want to come here, the WORST thing he could say at this point in time is that he WOULD come here.

He'd have to clear waivers past all the other MLB teams before he could come to the Sox. If he says he wouldn't come to the Sox, some other teams may not bother claiming him. But if he publicly states that he wants to come here, a team may claim him to block the Sox from getting him

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
We are not one of the 5 teams that Griffey could be traded to with out waiving his clause.

Griffey stated nothing explicitly about not going to the White Sox, except for spring training in Arizona.

Not sure why people read so much into these articles.

SB

No....he said Spring Training in TUCSON...not Arizona...big difference. He spent (how many years) with the Mariners training in Peoria? Also...he was always very cordial and receptive to fan requests out here from what I could see.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
In DuLuca's column it talked about KW and the trading deadline.   One of the paragraphs in the story talked about the pursiut of Griffey and it had a quote from Griffey's agent saying that Griffey has 5 or 6 teams that he's willing to drop his no-trade clause for and the Sox AREN'T ONE OF THEM.

So....F U  Griffey.....STAY THERE IN CINCINATTI AND ROT IN LAST PLACE for a team that is showing signs of going nowhere anytime soon....while the Sox go to the playoffs (and hopefully more!!)    I would be curious as to which teams WERE on his list.  Probably the same old teams....the Yank-me's or the Red Sox.

Once again......FU Ken Griffey JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger  :finger

And that's Soooo Bulls*** cause i read another article in which Grif says the Sox are a great Org, and he would waive his 10-5 rights to come here. I don't knwo how you can beliave DePuca. To each his own. ;)

Thanks for wasting our time on another Stupid and meaningless thread :angry:

Edited by JoshPR