Chicago Blackhawks Offseason Bonanza Thread

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
I actually wouldnt mind Pronger and Forsberg.  The team would grow in size overnight.

Wouldn't mind Forsberg? Haha, I would love him. It's too bad he will probably never come here. I think he is looking for a cup worthy team and then maybe retiring afterwards.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
Holy s***, if he goes to Florida, they are going to just kick MAJOR ass this year.  Too bad Darcy got traded.

Hell yeah. They would be stacked with Neuiwendyk, Roberts, Palffy, and Jokinen. I think Luongo is very underrated at gaolie too.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
Hell yeah. They would be stacked with Neuiwendyk, Roberts, Palffy, and Jokinen. I think Luongo is very underrated at gaolie too.

Luongo isnt underrated at all LOL. He gets his props for being the best goalie on what was a bad team. Probably one of the top three in the NHL. By no means was he underrated.

and not to sound like a jagoff, but do you have any idea who Isbister is?

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Luongo isnt underrated at all LOL.  He gets his props for being the best goalie on what was a bad team.  Probably one of the top three in the NHL.  By no means was he underrated.

and not to sound like a jagoff, but do you have any idea who Isbister is?

Yeah. He was a good winger with the Islanders before he went to Edmonton. Why do you ask???

Hrdak or whatever on ESPN supposedly said that Modano has made his choice between Boston and Chicago.

I'm not thrilled with a four-year deal with Modano; he's already in his mid-30s. But, at least for the first two years of his contract, he'd be a Top-10 center in the league.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Hrdak or whatever on ESPN supposedly said that Modano has made his choice between Boston and Chicago.

I'm not thrilled with a four-year deal with Modano; he's already in his mid-30s.  But, at least for the first two years of his contract, he'd be a Top-10 center in the league.

As long as he can still produce it would be fine with me. He really just needs to be team leader 1st and then All-Star center. He is just injured far too often.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
Yeah. He was a good winger with the Islanders before he went to Edmonton. Why do you ask???

No reason, but no, he is oft injured and never really was anything special. A poor man's Bobby Holik, minus FO%. 20/20 one year, nothing special.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
No reason, but no, he is oft injured and never really was anything special.  A poor man's Bobby Holik, minus FO%.  20/20 one year, nothing special.

Still a sold deal. Veteran presence who'll get you some points here and there. Plus, all they gave up was a 4th round pick.

Edited by SoxFan1

Hawks with a very good signing there...if $Bill is actually going to spend some money, I don't think I will know how to act or think about it. I am hoping the Hawks somehow bring Palffy and Pronger in...that would boost this team major like. I am not so sure about getting Madano.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Haha, I agree. But when he is, he can definitely help out the Bruins. That goes without saying...

I think you're overrating him a bit, he's a 3rd liner at best, and average one. 100 PIMs and 25 points is what youre looking at. Also brutal on special teams. I don't know how much that's gonna help.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
I think you're overrating him a bit, he's a 3rd liner at best, and average one.  100 PIMs and 25 points is what youre looking at.  Also brutal on special teams.  I don't know how much that's gonna help.

I probably am. I am just really excited hockey is coming back. The entire CBA thing really put a damper on my fandom. It's good to see the Hawks actually trying to ice a good team. Im finally excited hockey is back and can;t wait for it to start. Love the Aucoin signing and I hope we get Modano and another good player. Hockey is back!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
I probably am. I am just really excited hockey is coming back. The entire CBA thing really put a damper on my fandom. It's good to see the Hawks actually trying to ice a good team. Im finally excited hockey is back and can;t wait for it to start. Love the Aucoin signing and I hope we get Modano and another good player. Hockey is back!!!

A Modano type signing along with another strong forward and another solid D-man and the Hawks will have a very nice team set to go.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)

I'm not thrilled with a four-year deal with Modano; he's already in his mid-30s.  But, at least for the first two years of his contract, he'd be a Top-10 center in the league.

I can't complain. He's a big name and when healthy he's a very good player who makes everyone else better. Plus signing a guy like this brings confidence to every player in the organization because this is a move you make to show that you have confidence in the team and that you are playing for the playoffs. Basically it raises the bar on expectations and to me, thats always a good thing.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
Modano would shine in Chicago.

But my feeling is he'll stay in Dallas.

Considering the Stars missed out on getting Hatcher, they probably want Modano back a little more now.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
They weren't going to get Hatcher and they knew it.

That's why they signed Zubov on Sunday for the $ and time they did.

You were right, Kap. Looks like Modano will stay in Dallas.

I hope the Hawks make their pitch to Forberg/Naslund. I'm not expecting them to get either, but it'd be nice for them to give their best shot at landing 'em.