Chicago Blackhawks Offseason Bonanza Thread

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
Good. :cheers  We didn't want you to root for the NY YAnkees of the NHL anyway.

Problem is I'm never gonna be able to see these games. I'll just have to mooch off my best bud whose a huge red wing fan and buys the center ice package or whatever it is.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
Problem is I'm never gonna be able to see these games.  I'll just have to mooch off my best bud whose a huge red wing fan and buys the center ice package or whatever it is.

Heck neither are we with the homegames being blacked out...

QUOTE(slick03 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
There is also a rumor that has Madano turning down the dallas offer, and the front runners are boston, and the hawks.

Just heard that and that Forsberg has probably decided where he wants to play next year and will announce it tomorrow or friday.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Problem is I'm never gonna be able to see these games.  I'll just have to mooch off my best bud whose a huge red wing fan and buys the center ice package or whatever it is.

Rumor has it that Center Ice might be free this season. Might.

And SF1, WTF are you talking about. Kovalev? Yeah, that's exactly what we need, more soft players to play around Ruutu and (later) Bolland. Good "leadership", huh? :rolly

QUOTE(slick03 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
There is also a rumor that has Madano turning down the dallas offer, and the front runners are boston, and the hawks.

Boston signed Leech.

Talk is the Hawks and Boston have 4 year deals on the table worth 20 million.

I will say this much... the agents are stepping in now. Modano, on his own, would have stayed in Dallas.

Bulin wants $$$, all that talk of a Stanley Cup run with another team, *bs*, he wants PAID.

Personally, I think that a sniper and a stay at home rugged defensemen or two for the 'Hawks gets them a pretty damn good team next season. The west is not going to be that strong.

Also, Florida has assembled quite a roster, if you hadn't noticed. There's going to be some interesting things happen before Saturday, that's for sure. The market's heating up fast.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
God I love Kovalev.

:headshake :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke

I have no respect for Kovalev. He is a b****. I remember I was at Keiths house watching the Bruins and the Habs in the playoffs when he faked like he got slashed, gave up the puck and the B's scored to win.

:fyou Kovalev

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
:headshake  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke  :puke

I have no respect for Kovalev.  He is a b****.  I remember I was at Keiths house watching the Bruins and the Habs in the playoffs when he faked like he got slashed, gave up the puck and the B's scored to win.

:fyou Kovalev

Well, compare him to Carlos Lee. Lee made a BS play in shich he didn;t hustle and cost the team. Some speculate that was the main reason he was traded. Look how he turned out? I like the guy and I respect yours and Keiths opinions. If you read the rest of my post, I clearly state that I would want Naslund way more thank Kovalev... :)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
Rumor has it that Center Ice might be free this season.  Might.

And SF1, WTF are you talking about.  Kovalev?  Yeah, that's exactly what we need, more soft players to play around Ruutu and (later) Bolland.  Good "leadership", huh?  :rolly

If so, omg, they may just win me into hockey. I'd be catching Hawks games for a full season (Hell I'd see more games than you locals, lol).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
They would need one more standup defenseman, IMO.

Kap, TSN in Canada is the one reporting that the Hawks are in the derby for Modano, have you heard anything with that?

If they can land both him and the Wall, I'm not sure how much more of a "splash" money wise they'd be able to make.