Chicago Blackhawks Offseason Bonanza Thread

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
can i just ask an honest question.... do you know anything about hockey? i know im an admin and supposed to be a pillar of respect (ok with me thats a stretch)... but i just think your posting without an ounce of knowledge here... its one thing to read a couple things on the net... and its another to actually know what your talking about.

Why in gods name would you want Alexi Kovalev? The guy is an absolute tamata can.

:lol: :lol:

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
can i just ask an honest question.... do you know anything about hockey? i know im an admin and supposed to be a pillar of respect (ok with me thats a stretch)... but i just think your posting without an ounce of knowledge here... its one thing to read a couple things on the net... and its another to actually know what your talking about.

Why in gods name would you want Alexi Kovalev? The guy is an absolute tamata can.

Agree 100%.

Read more, post less. JMHO.

again... im not trying to complete jerk you around Mr. Slavkieosauraus... but its not really difficult to tell that you really dont know whats-what... im just trying to keep the thread intellegent.

again sorry if i hurt any feelings.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
All that being said... i think the hawks should try to get Amonte, Chelios, Roenick, Belfour back cause that would be super uper duper X2 cool. yippe!

:puke

We should get Shamnov back while we are at it Murcie....Actually that might not be too far of a stretch.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
:puke

We should get Shamnov back while we are at it Murcie....Actually that might not be too far of a stretch.

You think Karpotsev and Korolev are looking for work? Hell, let's bring back the whole gang -- screw Khabibulin, let's get Passmore!

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
You think Karpotsev and Korolev are looking for work?  Hell, let's bring back the whole gang -- screw Khabibulin, let's get Passmore!

Even with that being a joke made me want to :puke Watching Krapolov and Karflopsev half ass everything use to piss me off....Karflopsev aka Krispy Kream or Vodka Claus use to be the worst. The Hawks took forever getting rid of his worthless ass....

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
Stars official site says they've re-inked Modano to a 5 yr deal.

That's Ok with me. Dallas might regret the last two years of that deal, especially if he's making five million. With the new salary cap, it's going to be hard to dump a 38 year old with another year left on his deal -- which might happen to the Stars.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
That's Ok with me.  Dallas might regret the last two years of that deal, especially if he's making five million.  With the new salary cap, it's going to be hard to dump a 38 year old with another year left on his deal -- which might happen to the Stars.

If he is producing the way he did last season they can have him at that price. I just hope we get some offensive support pretty soon.

So -- the Hawks, reportedly, offered more money than Philly did to Forsberg.

That's kind of dissappointing, but good at the same time. Good to know that Tallon was given permission to offer the (or close to it) max to someone. But, until we actually prove that we can win -- there's going to be a small percentage of the best players who won't come here.

Ah, well. They need to get an answer from Khabibulin, quick, 'cause all of the top-line forwards are being snatched up.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
So -- the Hawks, reportedly, offered more money than Philly did to Forsberg.

That's kind of dissappointing, but good at the same time.  Good to know that Tallon was given permission to offer the (or close to it) max to someone.  But, until we actually prove that we can win -- there's going to be a small percentage of the best players who won't come here.

Ah, well.  They need to get an answer from Khabibulin, quick, 'cause all of the top-line forwards are being snatched up.

I saw something over at BHZ that said Khabi might take "weeks" to decide where he wants to play. I hope he isn't dragging his feet and using the Hawks to get higher bidders.

Maybe he and guys like Neidameyer are just waiting to see how the pieces settle and see what the price range for their talent will be.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)

...................ah..........er...........um.........uhh.......... :crying

The whole Modano fiasco was something else. I KNOW he had a better offer from Chicago and Boston both then Dallas gave him. And his f***ing wonderboy agent had to step in and be an asshole, trying to get the Stars to pay more.

The deal Modano signed is front end loaded and he will make less, much less, years 4 and 5. Also, he got a signing bonus for signing today payable years 4 and 5 that won't count against the cap should he retire.

Having said all this, the Hawks have to land someone bigger tomorrow, the market is starting to thin out. There's a couple of sniper wingers left, but they really needed a top flight centre, IMO.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
The whole Modano fiasco was something else.  I KNOW he had a better offer from Chicago and Boston both then Dallas gave him.  And his f***ing wonderboy agent had to step in and be an asshole, trying to get the Stars to pay more.

The deal Modano signed is front end loaded and he will make less, much less, years 4 and 5.  Also, he got a signing bonus for signing today payable years 4 and 5 that won't count against the cap should he retire.

Having said all this, the Hawks have to land someone bigger tomorrow, the market is starting to thin out.  There's a couple of sniper wingers left, but they really needed a top flight centre, IMO.

Yep, looks like the Hawks got played here. Thought they we're gonna land Modano and let some good players go by.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
Yep, looks like the Hawks got played here. Thought they we're gonna land Modano and let some good players go by.

And they need to rebound, with the big guns in Forsberg and Naslund in the forwards off the market. Not many #1 centers left at all on the top of my head, Jason Allison's one when healthy, but he's probably going to ink in Toronto.

I really hope the Hawks get Khabibulin. It would be a nice job by Tallon to get this organization back on track. They have some good young offensive players who should really step up this year and some younger defensive players who really could do anything: suck or be solid this year.

So Keith or Tony, fill me in here, is Ruutu currently slated to start the year at center or as a LW? Because here's some lineup scenarios at the moment with the top 6 forwards. Either way, Arny shouldn't start the year as the #1 center.

1 - Daze - Ruutu - Bell

2 - Calder - Arnason - ???

1 - Ruutu - ??? - Calder

2 - Daze - Arnason - Bell

Oh and the Modano deal includes a No - Trade Clause. That maybe could have been the holdup, besides the extra money his agent wanted.