Chicago Blackhawks Offseason Bonanza Thread

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
I wonder if they could package JT and Daze for a center (don't know if Daze has much value cause of his back) and than sign Kariya.

I would still keep Daze, when healthy the man is a force and now with a year off, he should be healthy.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
I would still keep Daze, when healthy the man is a force and now with a year off, he should be healthy.

I hope he's healthy. I always remember hearing about how much potential and ability Daze had. He always came off as a tough player to me and seemed to be productive when on the ice (in the few games I saw and I'm a total novice when it comes to Hockey).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
4th liner.  He's replacing Nichols who become a UFA.  Everyone over on BHZ says its a good upgrade (not a major move, but he's better than Nichols who was the previous 4th line center).

Good news for the Hawks then. Any updates on Kariya or Palffy?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
I hope he's healthy.  I always remember hearing about how much potential and ability Daze had.  He always came off as a tough player to me and seemed to be productive when on the ice (in the few games I saw and I'm a total novice when it comes to Hockey).

He was an All-Star in his last fully-healthy season IIRC and he DID win MVP of that game. I wouldn't trade him just yet...or ever, unless there is something we don't know.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
He was an All-Star in his last fully-healthy season IIRC and he DID win MVP of that game. I wouldn't trade him just yet...or ever, unless there is something we don't know.

I don't think he was the MVP of the game, but he was the starter for the West. He had an awesome 1st half that year, but was downhill after the All Star game.

f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES f*** YES

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
Finally it's done.

Let's nab Kariya....

Kap props to you, and yup the Hawks will be making the playoffs this year.

Things are looking up for us Hawks fans.

We should wait to see who can't afford their RFA's and needs a a goalie, instead of overpaying for Kariya. We could package Tbo and someone and maybe get a good scorer.

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
We should wait to see who can't afford their RFA's and needs a a goalie, instead of overpaying for Kariya. We could package Tbo and someone and maybe get a good scorer.

From the quotes I read of Tallon I think that is his plan. Rather than overpay for Kariya, he would strengthen us in a trade.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
its not really that ridiculous.  We can sign Kariya and St Louis when he gets dropped, trade for thorton.

Iwould be so happy if we got kariya!! Hes my favorite player from his days with anaheim. uhhhh that would be sweeet.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
I don't think he was the MVP of the game, but he was the starter for the West. He had an awesome 1st half that year, but was downhill after the All Star game.

Your right, 2003 was Heatley when he scored the 4 goals and 2004 was Sakic with the hat trick.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Kap, any news on who the Hawks might target next? Trade? FA? Any good wingers still available?

There's still some decent guys left, but I think there is more likely to be a trade then a free agent signing at this point. Thibault will have to go somewhere. It is NOT going to be Toronto if I had to guess.

So did you all see that Scott Barney signing for Atlanta? He's another one I know pretty well. He's going to play well for Atlanta, I think. He has potential to be a second line guy (not a first liner with that first line - Heatley-Holik-Kovalchuk /drools)