Chicago Blackhawks Offseason Bonanza Thread

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:19 AM)
I'd like to take this time to mention the fact that we offer an ignore feature at Soxtalk.com..... where one can choose to ignore another posters opinions.

Both of you should consider this option... or learn to get along.

Or... in honor of it being a hockey thread...

DROP THE GLOVES! :headbang :headbang :headbang

:D

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
I'd like to take this time to mention the fact that we offer an ignore feature at Soxtalk.com..... where one can choose to ignore another posters opinions.

Both of you should consider this option... or learn to get along.

No need for the ignore "feature" :lol: We peacefully resolved the issue...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Or...  in honor of it being a hockey thread...

DROP THE GLOVES!  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

For those of you who've played hockey, I locker boxed today. In full goalie gear, and I swear i almost knocked out a defenseman with the blocker. My team has outlawed blockers in future matches.

I hope so... i mean i'd hate to give both of you a day to think it over. This isnt a suspendable offense.... but i could see a few "instigation" penalties being issued if it continues... trust me you dont wanna end up in the "penalty box" cause SS2k5 is in there and he like "young men" to sit on his lap while he "molests" them.

whew that's alot of "quotes" for one post

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
I hope so... i mean i'd hate to give both of you a day to think it over. This isnt a suspendable offense.... but i could see a few "instigation" penalties being issued if it continues... trust me you dont wanna end up in the "penalty box" cause SS2k5 is in there and he like "young men" to sit on his lap while he "molests" them.

No, like I said, we both stated our dis-satisfactions and resolved it peacefully. :Begins Admin Ass-Kissing: We're all good Murc. Way to step in and do what an Admin should do! :End of Admin Ass-Kissing:

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
For those of you who've played hockey, I locker boxed today.  In full goalie gear, and I swear i almost knocked out a defenseman with the blocker.  My team has outlawed blockers in future matches.

Locker boxed with a blocker? Yikes.... thats pretty heavy duty

i'd take you on with a blocker though anyways. Im undefeated with a record of 20something 0 and 1 tie after we both got bloody. Im comfortable with handling a goalie.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)

i'd take you on with a blocker though anyways. Im undefeated with a record of 20something 0 and 1 tie after we both got bloody. Im comfortable with handling a goalie.

:bringit

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 04:28 AM)

Yeah, you could take on Pauly -- he's such a pussy. :D :P

But seriously, I shouldn't be talking. If I ever fought in a hockey game, I would try to get a kick in, and then just skate away... :bang

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
We'll drop the gloves tomorrow then.

I'd be careful.... we lost our starting goalie for a few games one season after he chipped a tooth during some locker boxing.

JUSSSSSt Sayin/

Good news Hawk fans

Osgood is back in net for Detroit. He just signed today. He's not the Ossie of old and I think the Hawks could light him up for a few.

Unfortunately, he'll probably be backing up Manny Legace, who is outstanding against the Hawks....

Edited by Pauly8509CWS

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
For those of you who've played hockey, I locker boxed today.  In full goalie gear, and I swear i almost knocked out a defenseman with the blocker.  My team has outlawed blockers in future matches.

Oh man, one time i got pounded so hard in a locker box i think i had a concussion...back when i was 11 or so.

Also, you used a freakin blocker? That's ridiculous. A 5 year old girl would probly beat most hockey players if you give her a blocker. I can't believe they let you use that to begin with.

Note, i've taken my share of blockers to the face mask in front of the net during scrums in the crease. I used to piss the hell out of goalies in high school.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
That's personal and besides, I thought they threw that rumor down. And also, it is not in the field of play and in no way effected the outcome of the game, did it?

So if Pierzynski was being a prick to hitters when they were hitting, and it put them off, doesn't that possibly impact the outcome of the game?

Just talk to Brett Tomko about Mr. Pierzynski. :D

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)

I think you are "confusing" me with the wrong former "admin"

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
Heard a report Thibault is traded to the Penguins for a fourth round draft pick.  Nothing's verified yet, but I'm pretty sure it's golden.

If that's true, it's too bad he wasn't worth a roster-ready player, but it does free up some cash for them to hopefully find another scorer somewhere.

I haven't been paying much attention, are there any legit scorers still available that the Hawks would stand a realistic chance of signing?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
If that's true, it's too bad he wasn't worth a roster-ready player, but it does free up some cash for them to hopefully find another scorer somewhere.

I haven't been paying much attention, are there any legit scorers still available that the Hawks would stand a realistic chance of signing?

It's been verified by both ESPN and the Pittsburgh Penguins have put out a press release. This is a great deal for the Pens, as they have been the victims of salary dumping the last few years. I think the Hawks could have and should have gotten more for Thibault, but they didn't have much leverage in their dealings. As for as scorers left in the FA pool, some names that pop out to me are: Teemu Selanne, Peter Bondra, Alex Mogilny, and Anson Carter. Some lesser known guys: Jan Hrdina-learned from some of the best scorers in the world with the Penguins, Vincent Damphousse - Excellent faceoff man and incredible veteran leadership, Donald Audette-still has what it takes, Adam Deadmarsh-if someone's willing to take a chance on him he could be had for cheap and could provide a huge lift for any team, and Bates Battaglia-he's from Chicago.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
It's been verified by both ESPN and the Pittsburgh Penguins have put out a press release.  This is a great deal for the Pens, as they have been the victims of salary dumping the last few years.  I think the Hawks could have and should have gotten more for Thibault, but they didn't have much leverage in their dealings.  As for as scorers left in the FA pool, some names that pop out to me are: Teemu Selanne, Peter Bondra, Alex Mogilny, and Anson Carter.  Some lesser known guys: Jan Hrdina-learned from some of the best scorers in the world with the Penguins,  Vincent Damphousse - Excellent faceoff man and incredible veteran leadership, Donald Audette-still has what it takes, Adam Deadmarsh-if someone's willing to take a chance on him he could be had for cheap and could provide a huge lift for any team, and Bates Battaglia-he's from Chicago.

I've always liked Damphousse, and Bondra could give 'em some punch at the right price. Don't know how much gas is left in his tank, though.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
It's been verified by both ESPN and the Pittsburgh Penguins have put out a press release.  This is a great deal for the Pens, as they have been the victims of salary dumping the last few years.  I think the Hawks could have and should have gotten more for Thibault, but they didn't have much leverage in their dealings.  As for as scorers left in the FA pool, some names that pop out to me are: Teemu Selanne, Peter Bondra, Alex Mogilny, and Anson Carter.  Some lesser known guys: Jan Hrdina-learned from some of the best scorers in the world with the Penguins,  Vincent Damphousse - Excellent faceoff man and incredible veteran leadership, Donald Audette-still has what it takes, Adam Deadmarsh-if someone's willing to take a chance on him he could be had for cheap and could provide a huge lift for any team, and Bates Battaglia-he's from Chicago.

Bates Battaglia's sister is the hottest broad I've ever seen.

I went to H.S. with her.... and she is amazing.

Adam Deadmarsh is a gamer... if he's not totally f***ed up i'd sign him. But he's gotta be ready in October.

Mogilny is kind of an interesting player... he flat out score when he was younger...

Bondra for 1.5 mil would be fun to watch. we shall see.