Another Article

SoxFanForever

I want someone to find a better response Manuel should give?

he knows the team is doing bad and I'm sure he's worried as s*** about the team and his job, but JM is a guy who stays positive, that is how he is.

you want him to say, "we stink, I stink and we have no shot"?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ome%2Dheadlines

Kinda interesting.  Wonder what JR had to say down there.  Manuel was very complacent as usual and gave his non-dedicated response of saying that they haven't hit their stride yet but they will.  When is this jag going to get a clue?

I know we have been through this before, but put yourself in his shoes. What would you honestly expect him to say in the papers? What would you say?

If you step back emotionally and think about this logically, he is saying exactly what he SHOULD say. It is not his responsibility to berate his players and how they play in the press. All that will do is cause them to lose respect for him and things will get worse. No one here knows how he is handling things in the clubhouse. No one is in there. No one knows whether he is doing the right things or not.

Manuel may well end up getting fired and taking the blame at some point, but the blame here should not be his. Ultimately he will be judged by wins and losses, but if they do turn this thing around and he stays, I expect every person on this board to post their own version of a "I was an idiot, I overreacted without having all of the facts" speech.

Thanks Rex, you made me actually think about it for a moment. I am just looking for a scapegoat because our team is not winning or performing how I expect them to. I know they can play better and that is what is killing me. Thanks for making the post though, really made me think for a sec. I hope we can get this turned around too. Good post again. :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
he can always pull a KW and blame the fans for the team's poor play :D

hey at least jm isnt cryin about only having .50 when he needs a 1.00........... ;)see what a limited budget gets ya......... :rolleyes:

I think it is interesting the JR is down there talking to JM. I wonder what that really means. I know JR is much more involved in the day to day management of the Sox, so it could be something normal, or it could be a sign. Does anyone else know how common this event it?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ome%2Dheadlines

Kinda interesting.  Wonder what JR had to say down there.  Manuel was very complacent as usual and gave his non-dedicated response of saying that they haven't hit their stride yet but they will.  When is this jag going to get a clue?

I know we have been through this before, but put yourself in his shoes. What would you honestly expect him to say in the papers? What would you say?

If you step back emotionally and think about this logically, he is saying exactly what he SHOULD say. It is not his responsibility to berate his players and how they play in the press. All that will do is cause them to lose respect for him and things will get worse. No one here knows how he is handling things in the clubhouse. No one is in there. No one knows whether he is doing the right things or not.

Manuel may well end up getting fired and taking the blame at some point, but the blame here should not be his. Ultimately he will be judged by wins and losses, but if they do turn this thing around and he stays, I expect every person on this board to post their own version of a "I was an idiot, I overreacted without having all of the facts" speech.

I will happily post that or something similar if the Sox turn this thing around. I won't go back to 59 because that's way too long ago but how about 83? The Sox were sluggish for the longest time before they got hot. The circumstances were different. They had a young La Russa at the helm and had shown signs of becoming a good ball club since 81. The pitching staff was young, aggressive and ready to dominate. This team is managed by a sleepwalker, GM'ed by a control freak and seems devoid of all spirit. If they tank you know there's going to be a fire sale to end all fire sales. Lots of us see this and we ain't happy. The Sox are 4-10 in their last 14 and looking real bad in that stretch. I can't look at one area of their game that is clicking at the moment. They need a change and they need it fast.

No one knows whether he is doing the right things or not. 

Like SI said..... the Sox are 4-10 in their last 14, one game under .500, and in third place..... when they had a 3.5 game lead on third place Minnesota just one week ago. We've put up with mediocre play under Manuel's tenure as manager for 2 1/2 seasons now. I think it's obvious that whatever Manuel is doing, it is not the right thing and if KW and/or JM don't have the balls to fire him, he should look in the mirror and do the classy thing..... resign..... because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this team is and has underachieved with Manuel at the helm.

The problem is most of us, at least I am, resigned to the fact Williams won't be fired so the only

other alternative is to fire JM.

I guess we should get hot and heavy back on the fire KW bandwagon.

Every move Kenny makes seems to fail.

That's why I'm surprised he doesn't go with a new manager.

I mean Kenny brings in the players and we continue to be mediocre and almost all the deals

look terrible.

So either fire Kenny or Jerry M soon ... please.

Maybe we're just destined to be the Blackhawks with our current management and leadership.

Never make the playoffs again.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Anyone else think JM stays up late every night wondering what the f*** he did in 2000 that made the team play so well without him having to any work?

he knows what he did.. he didnt have kenny williams here f***ing everything up all the time.........i guarentee ya thats what he thinks..... jm did very well in 98,99,2000 and then kw comes on the scene and we have been down hill...........what does that tell ya..........kw has to go.........and it may not be too long before he does.... rumor has it a closed door meeting of stockholders is gonna take place over the next few days to discuss a few matters...........if eddie e is in there i would be willing to bet that kw's head comes up for bid on the chopping block......hes not one of eddies favroites.......

rumor has it a closed door meeting of stockholders is gonna take place over the next few days to discuss a few matters...........if eddie e is in there i would be willing to bet that kw's head comes up for bid on the chopping block......hes not one of eddies favroites.......

Ofcourse you'll be telling us what was said in that meeting right? :ph34r:

he knows what he did.. he didnt have kenny williams here f***ing everything up all the time.........i guarentee ya thats what he thinks..... jm did very well in 98,99,2000 and then kw comes on the scene and we have been down hill...........what does that tell ya..........kw has to go.........and it may not be too long before he does.... rumor has it a closed door meeting of stockholders is gonna take place over the next few days to discuss a few matters...........if eddie e is in there i would be willing to bet that kw's head comes up for bid on the chopping block......hes not one of eddies favroites.......

You mean I can still have some hope?