Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolfe is a f***ing prick though. I was watching the game and then started flipping once Michigan got the first TD. I come back to see the Big House dead silent as NIU lines up for an extra point. I see the NIU bench all stoked and I see Wolfe putting his finger to his mouth as if to quiet the crowd. Last time I had looked I figured it was 7-3 so I figured NIU had to be winning. They finally show the score and it's 14-10 Michigan. Wolfe was telling the crowd to be quiet and they were losing? What a dumbass. Hopefully Northwestern f***s up NIU next weekend. :bringit

QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 12:03 AM)
Wolfe is a f***ing prick though. I was watching the game and then started flipping once Michigan got the first TD. I come back to see the Big House dead silent as NIU lines up for an extra point. I see the NIU bench all stoked and I see Wolfe putting his finger to his mouth as if to quiet the crowd. Last time I had looked I figured it was 7-3 so I figured NIU had to be winning. They finally show the score and it's 14-10 Michigan. Wolfe was telling the crowd to be quiet and they were losing? What a dumbass. Hopefully Northwestern f***s up NIU next weekend. :bringit

lighten up...this is the kids big showcase and he had a 73 yard run for a touchdown against the number 4 team in the country...he had a right to be excited....

Illinois State's drives weren't sustained. A couple of freak plays including an 80 yard td and a fumble return for a touchdown. Ill St. did look like they belonged out there. They did a nice job stopping the run for the most part, and were active playmakers on D.

It helped that ISU's first kicker blew balls (not the same guy from the Mizzou game alst year, Culbertson must be hurt) until Yelk came on.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
Illinois State's drives weren't sustained. A couple of freak plays including an 80 yard td and a fumble return for a touchdown. Ill St. did look like they belonged out there. They did a nice job stopping the run for the most part, and were active playmakers on D.

It helped that ISU's first kicker blew balls (not the same guy from the Mizzou game alst year, Culbertson must be hurt) until Yelk came on.

Thanks for the game report. I really appreciate it. I'm excited to see how you guys do against Iowa next week. Should be an interesting game.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Thanks for the game report.  I really appreciate it.  I'm excited to see how you guys do against Iowa next week.  Should be an interesting game.

Ill St. didn't look overly impressive. Heck, their punter kicked it into the back of a lineman and the ball ricocheted up thru the uprights over the punters head. I couldn't tell if Bret Meyer sucked that bad with 2 fumbles, I think, or if Ill. St. was just causing a ruckus. However, the Redbirds didn't go away.

Anyone remember Austin Flynn, the QB before the coaches gave Meyer the job? He was nuts as a WR, leading the team in catches. Much better WR. Blythe was a nonfactor.

The Redbirds looked to be more physical for stretches in the game, and even a little cocky.

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
lighten up...this is the kids big showcase and he had a 73 yard run for a touchdown against the number 4 team in the country...he had a right to be excited....

Excited is one thing, but trash talking the crowd when you are losing is just dumb.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
Dan, will that game be on TV, and in-case a Cubs game is on WGN Radio, what station is the NU game on?  Do you know?

ESPN.com says it will be on ESPN Classic, which I don't have in Missouri. :(

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
i don't care if NIU lost...they played damn hard vs. michigan and barring those stupid turnovers who knows what could've happened...the nation got to see how talented garret wolfe is...

Yeah, I'm happy with the team. I like the 400+ yards of offense against the number 4 team in the nations with most of their starters playing the whole game. I also like the numbers being almost 200 rushing/200 passing. The defense needs improvement but they were extremely overmatched. I wasn't expecting to win, but I am happy with what I saw. I dont know if can win next week either, but as long as the team shows improvement I'll be happy. Cut down on the turnovers, gain experience, get ready for the MAC games and win the title. Too bad Toledo gets in the way of it :(