Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa favored by 7 by Sheridan, 8.5 by other services. I'm a little surprised at that.

Bought my "Beat Iowa > Again" shirt today.

If Bret Meyer figures out how to pull his head out of his ass on Saturday, ISU has a chance. Between that and a motherf***in kicker (Yelk!) hopefully Iowa will have a fight on their hands.

PH2005081002273.jpg

AP Top 25 Ranking

Rank Team Record Pts Last Week

1. USC (61) (1-0) 1621 1

2. Texas (4) (1-0) 1541 2

3. Michigan (1-0) 1360 4

4. Ohio State (1-0) 1301 6

5. LSU (0-0) 1291 5

6. Tennessee (1-0) 1280 3

7. Virginia Tech (0-0) 1253 8

8. Iowa (1-0) 1146 11

9. Georgia (1-0) 1131 13

10. Florida (1-0) 1129 10

11. Florida State (0-0) 1064 14

12. Louisville (0-0) 911 12

13. Purdue (0-0) 740 15

14. Miami (FL) (0-0) 710 9

15. Arizona State (1-0) 553 20

16. California (1-0) 514 19

17. Georgia Tech (1-0) 459 29

18. Oklahoma (0-1) 375 7

19. Boston College (1-0) 372 22

20. Notre Dame (1-0) 345 44

21. Texas Tech (0-0) 274 21

22. TCU (1-0) 254 NR

23. Virginia (1-0) 232 25

24. Fresno State (0-0) 221 24

25. Clemson (1-0) 164 41

Others Receiving Votes:

Alabama 153, Oregon 119, Auburn 118, Utah 111, Texas A&M 106, Colorado 61,

Wisconsin 44, Boise State 31, UCLA 23, Iowa State 21, Minnesota 16, Penn State 16,

North Carolina State 13, Michigan State 11, Arizona 10, UTEP 8, Bowling Green 7,

Oregon State 6, Southern Miss 5, West Virginia 3, Toledo 2

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Iowa favored by 7 by Sheridan, 8.5 by other services. I'm a little surprised at that.

Bought my "Beat Iowa > Again" shirt today.

If Bret Meyer figures out how to pull his head out of his ass on Saturday, ISU has a chance. Between that and a motherf***in kicker (Yelk!) hopefully Iowa will have a fight on their hands.

PH2005081002273.jpg

Awwww.... How cute. They're holding hands.

"I didn't get a scholarship offer from Iowa, but I can walk onto the sidelines like them"

IU's game on Saturday is officially on! :headbang

We didn't know if we were going to have a game or not. We're playing Nicholls State, and they're 70 miles outside of New Orleans. NS cancelled all their athletic events until further notice last week, and they were unsure if they could make it here for Saturday's game or not.

http://iuhoosiers.collegesports.com/sports.../090705aac.html

Indiana-Nicholls State University Game Set For Saturday

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The Sept. 10 Nicholls State University at Indiana football game remains set for 4 p.m. EST/CDT at Memorial Stadium, IU Athletics Director Rick Greenspan and NSU Athletics Director Rob Bernardi announced today.

Due to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Nicholls, located in Thibodaux, La., 60 miles west of New Orleans, postponed all intercollegiate athletic activities on Aug. 30. However, Nicholls resumed classes on Sept. 7, and the schools worked collectively to arrange the Colonels' travel to Bloomington.

According to Bernardi and Greenspan, while the wrath of Hurricane Katrina certainly puts things in perspective, they also hope that Saturday's game provides an opportunity to enjoy the spirit and excitement of college football.

"On behalf of Indiana Athletics, our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has been impacted by Hurricane Katrina," Greenspan said. "We certainly respect Nicholls' situation. For the last five days, both schools have been working on the travel logisitics, because the safety and well-being of the Nicholls' student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans is the top priority.

"Upon Nicholls' arrival and throughout their stay, we plan to show them the best in Hoosier Hospitality."

Nicholls State University President Stephen T. Hulbert said that the Colonels eagerly anticipate the trip.

"I am deeply appreciative of the genuine support given our student-athletes and members of the Nicholls family during a very difficult time," Hulbert said. "(Indiana) President (Adam W.) Herbert and members of the IU athletics staff have been most helpful in assisting with arrangements for our football team."

Indiana head coach Terry Hoeppner and his staff have been following the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina while also working to keep the Hoosiers focused on the next game.

"It is hard for any of us to appreciate what they are going through. It is unfathomable to me. We are going to make them feel as welcome and as comfortable as possible. Yet, when the game is on, we are going to play a football game," Hoeppner said. "They want to play the game, and they need to play the game. Obviously, we want to play. We are looking forward to that."

Although Nicholls and Indiana square off Saturday afternoon, the two schools are more than opposing teams.

"The generosity and cooperation on the part of IU is greatly appreciated," Bernardi said. "I want to thank Rick Greenspan for his genuine concern for the welfare of our student-athletes."

After enduring a difficult situation last week, Nicholls head coach Jay Thomas said that his team will be ready to play football.

"I know our coaches and players are excited about the opportunity to finally play football," Thomas said. "The game and trip to Bloomington will offer a nice change from the experiences of the last week."

QUOTE(Fotop @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
And Pitt loses to Ohio...that doesnt make ND look as good anymore. I'm still confident about ND as a team, but this defintely showed that Pitt is really not a good football team.

wanny = awful

Great 1st drive by ND and so far Michigan has not been able to get moving on offense.

ROFL....Michigan just botched a punt. THey punted it to the 10 and had two defenders there who watched the ball go right past them (quite slowly at that) and right into the endzone for a ND touchback.

ND should be pinned around the 5 right now, but instead they get some room at the 20.

Momentum seems to be changing. Michigan's defense is starting to stimy the ND offense (Quinn has had some trouble with accuracy after the 1st drive and Michigan just got a sack, the 1st one ND has given up all year).

ND has been very pass heavy this game as well. However as I type this, Quinn makes a nice pass to his WR to get 18 yards and a big 3rd down conversion. :headbang

s***...McKnight makes a big reception and goes down immediately. Looks like his knee. Come on, be ok. They now rule the pass incomplete to boat. Oh wow, his leg just went the wrong way. Ouch that looks really bad.

I think best case scenario its a sprain of some sort. Worse case, he's done for the year (I'm no doctor, but it looked like a done for the year variety).

14-3 ND :cheers

Pass gets tipped in the endzone and Samarja still comes down with it (it looked like a td and Michigan's defender did a great job tipping it, but it still doesn't matter). Very nice drive...however, it could turn into the worse drive of the season if McKnight ends up having a serious injury.

Walker is up to 90 plus yards rushing on 16 carries in the 1st half and really did a nice job that drive.