Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
yes and Michigan is playing without their 2 best Defensive Players right now.  Also last time i looked Michigan was still leading the Big Ten in Pass Defense.

excuse after excuse....seriously just man up and say you were wrong, check the stats our for yourself.... :headshake

http://bigten.collegesports.com/sports/m-f...6/confldrs.html

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
excuse after excuse....seriously just man up and say you were wrong, check the stats our for yourself.... :headshake

http://bigten.collegesports.com/sports/m-f...6/confldrs.html

ok but it is very close and Michigan has more Interceptions and the completion Percentage against is lower for Michigan.

As an impartial observer, I'd say OSU is definitely a better team than Michigan. There isn't really any way you can argue that Michigan's defense is better than that of OSU, and I'd say their offenses are comparable. Both have mediocre QB's with playmakers at WR and passable but not stellar RB's as long as Hart is out. However, you can throw out opinions and records, whatever happens on the field is what matters.

Also on NU and their bowl situation, regardless of low ratings and poor attendance, they always travel well. They have fans that will fork over serious amounts of cash and easily sell out their ticket alotments, no matter what bowl they go to (they even went to the Motor City Bowl!), unlike some other teams with higher profiles.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Nov 13, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
As an impartial observer, I'd say OSU is definitely a better team than Michigan. There isn't really any way you can argue that Michigan's defense is better than that of OSU, and I'd say their offenses are comparable. Both have mediocre QB's with playmakers at WR and passable but not stellar RB's as long as Hart is out. However, you can throw out opinions and records, whatever happens on the field is what matters.

Also on NU and their bowl situation, regardless of low ratings and poor attendance, they always travel well. They have fans that will fork over serious amounts of cash and easily sell out their ticket alotments, no matter what bowl they go to (they even went to the Motor City Bowl!), unlike some other teams with higher profiles.

Hart is back. He will be back this weekend and he is a stellar RB.

I hope he plays. I would not want OSU to win and you to say they won because they didnt have Hart at running back and a list of other individuals. It will be a great game no matter what, both teams play their hearts out during this game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Michigan will have no shot unless Hart plays and is actually Mike Hart.  Grady has done well considering he's a true frosh, but Hart is the guy that makes that team go, and with a healthy and fresh Hart, they have a great shot against TOSU, but otherwise, they will have major issues.

yeah I think Hart could've gone if they had played a top team saturday. However they want to make sure Hart is as close to 100% as possible.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
not gonna happen.  Not with the Best Wide Receiver in the Big Ten burning up the OSU defense, not with a healthy Mike Hart, and not with this new and improved Defense of Michigan.  GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

Avant won't even be the best WR in that game, regardless of what numbers I know you will throw at me, Santonio Holmes is better.....a lot better, than Avant (although Avant is a Chicago kid and I really like his game).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Avant won't even be the best WR in that game, regardless of what numbers I know you will throw at me, Santonio Holmes is better.....a lot better, than Avant (although Avant is a Chicago kid and I really like his game).

Avant is so much better than Holmes. He has 900 Receiving yards to lead the Big Ten and would probably have over 1,000 if he had a better QB throwing to him. Plus he plays in a run-heavy offense.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
Avant is so much better than Holmes.  He has 900 Receiving yards to lead the Big Ten and would probably have over 1,000 if he had a better QB throwing to him.  Plus he plays in a run-heavy offense.

you could say exactly the same thing for holmes or ginn :headshake