Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
Goddamn Meyer, he's regressed. We didn't deserve to win today. This is why I hate being an ISU fan sometimes. A redshirt frosh watched with me and said that he thinks Meyer is overrated also. On a bright note, both Flynn and Sumrall had breakout games.

hey i have been meaning to ask you this how is ISU? I got another letter from them yesterday asking me to call them since they got one of my pre ACT scores? I've heard good things.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
hey i have been meaning to ask you this how is ISU?  I got another letter from them yesterday asking me to call them since they got one of my pre ACT scores?  I've heard good things.

Depends if you like to walk. The campus is totally pedestrian (park your car at the stadium) at leave it there. However, when everything is green its beautiful. Also, if my classes are any indication, expect the profs and not ta's to do much of the teaching. Also tons of support services and clubs and organizations. Everyone is pretty nice. The town leaves a little to be desired. As far as sports....the football team is eh....tailgating is pretty good.....lots of parking lots.....basketball games are much different as Hilton is among the top college bball environments.....wrestling team is legit top 10...the club hockey team is ranked fifth and has been winning games 12-1.....womens bball is actually very well supported here......soccer and volleyball are improving. The dorms are standard prison issue. We whore out the fact we invented the computer. Tons of engineers. Really need to visit to get a feel for the place.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 1, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
Has anyone noticed that Notre Dame is 4-1?  Anyone notice that all four of those wins were on the road?  If they can figure out how to win at home they will be dangerous.  Their next five games are all at home.

If they can somehow take down USC (I think thats who they play next) all I can say is wowzer. They could honestly be 5-0 if it weren't for two stupid turnovers in the MSU game (the one where they fumbled on the goaline on a 1st and goal from the 1... I still think it was touchdown before a fumble) and than Quinn's pick that was taken back for a TD at the start of the 2nd half.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
Depends if you like to walk. The campus is totally pedestrian (park your car at the stadium) at leave it there. However, when everything is green its beautiful. Also, if my classes are any indication, expect the profs and not ta's to do much of the teaching. Also tons of support services and clubs and organizations. Everyone is pretty nice. The town leaves a little to be desired. As far as sports....the football team is eh....tailgating is pretty good.....lots of parking lots.....basketball games are much different as Hilton is among the top college bball environments.....wrestling team is  legit top 10...the club hockey team is ranked fifth and has been winning games 12-1.....womens bball is actually very well supported here......soccer and volleyball are improving. The dorms are standard prison issue. We whore out the fact we invented the computer. Tons of engineers. Really need to visit to get a feel for the place.

ok cool thanks.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
Depends if you like to walk. The campus is totally pedestrian (park your car at the stadium) at leave it there. However, when everything is green its beautiful. Also, if my classes are any indication, expect the profs and not ta's to do much of the teaching. Also tons of support services and clubs and organizations. Everyone is pretty nice. The town leaves a little to be desired. As far as sports....the football team is eh....tailgating is pretty good.....lots of parking lots.....basketball games are much different as Hilton is among the top college bball environments.....wrestling team is  legit top 10...the club hockey team is ranked fifth and has been winning games 12-1.....womens bball is actually very well supported here......soccer and volleyball are improving. The dorms are standard prison issue. We whore out the fact we invented the computer. Tons of engineers. Really need to visit to get a feel for the place.

that entire paragraph could be used for U of I too :lol:

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
If we can't win this game, no game will be worth watching the rest of the year.

No doubt about it.

Both drives so far we moved the ball down to the 40 with ease then hit a brick wall.

Step it up defense! :headbang

Great win by Northwestern....

First time I've ever made a play with them too. :headbang +210

I had been making a killing playing Wiscy ATS earlier this season too. First time I bet against them. Iowa doesn't match up well with NW either. Thankfully that game is in IC, where they have a 21 game winning streak.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Great win by Northwestern....

First time I've ever made a play with them too. :headbang +210

I had been making a killing playing Wiscy ATS earlier this season too. First time I bet against them. Iowa doesn't match up well with NW either. Thankfully that game is in IC, where they have a 21 game winning streak.

This post almost came back to bite ya

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
Simple sig bet for the Indiana-Illinois football game on 10/8 b/w me and SNB.

GrEaSyWhEeLs121: after the sox season's totally over

GrEaSyWhEeLs121: if indiana wins...you have to use my indiana bball sig for a week

GrEaSyWhEeLs121: and vice versa

SoxnBears01: sounds good

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
UM goes down to Minnesota, not suprised at all.

I actually am, but I'm a Michigan fan. Michigan has had a chance to win all 6 games this year but just can't finish the deal, it's rediculous in Michigan standards. But this isn't a standard Michigan year.