Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Bunch of losers. I'd be pissed if I was a MInny fan.

Yeah, I'm pissed. Not as pissed as someone I go to the games with. He was screaming at the top of his lungs outside the Teflon Baggie like a pentacostalist preacher.

"How many different ways can this team lose a game?!? Let's go back to Michigan two years ago... " etc. I had to leave him and go drink at one of my favorite bars, no matter that it was about to be overrun by Badger fans.

Two things kept me (relatively) sane after the game. One, the vast majority of Badger fans admitted that Minny lost and they didn't win (scant consolation, methinks), and when I walked into the bar, there was a guy with a late 80's curlicue C cap and a t-shirt that proclaimed Wrigley as "The World's Biggest Gay Bar."!

Apparently he's in town for a wedding. I drank with him for a little bit and it helped.

GO SOX!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't understand why they didn't just run around, waste some time, and take the safety.

Iowa had a similar situation last season. They led Penn State by 4 points with about 30 seconds to go. They took the safety, held PSU on three passes, and the game was over.

Minny's situaton was a little different with just a 3 point lead, but punting from your own endzone turns into 3 points by the other team about 60% of the time. -- They were looking at a probable overtime situation anyway. -- You should take the safety, and the extra 20 yards that come with it, and play for the win. Giving them the ball at their own 30 with :25 and a 1 point lead is a pretty good chance at victory.