Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
How much are you laying on Michigan?

My car. It's going to be a woodshed beating.

Iowa's getting WAY too much credit. Just because they have a 22 game home winning streak, and haven't trailed in their last 10 home games. That doesn't mean s*** when your defensive line can be blocked by 5 sacks full of potatoes.

Iowa is 3-1 in the big ten, but their 3 victories are against Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue, who have a combined 1 big ten victory among them. -- And that was Indiana over Illinois. Someboday HAD to win that game.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
My car. It's going to be a woodshed beating.

Iowa's getting WAY too much credit. Just because they have a 22 game home winning streak, and haven't trailed in their last 10 home games. That doesn't mean s*** when your defensive line can be blocked by 5 sacks full of potatoes.

Iowa is 3-1 in the big ten, but their 3 victories are against Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue, who have a combined 1 big ten victory among them. -- And that was Indiana over Illinois. Someboday HAD to win that game.

that's a good bet. I always thought Iowa was overrated to begin with.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)

Hey now...You were giving Indiana some dap last week, and now you're thinking the merger of Illiana should go on once again?

:crying

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Wow, Cheat and I agree this week.

Yeah, and the next thing you know, the Sox will win the WS.....hhaha

wow

I expect Iowa to go 1-3 down the stretch.

They suck, and they don't match up well with Minnesota, Nothwestern, or Michigan. -- Wisconsin is a bit of a different story. They play the same type of game as Iowa, and also lack a defense. That's going to be a great game. -- Iowa is going to beat one of Minny, NW, and Wisc.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
why?  Are you just saying this to say this or do you actually think they suck?

There has to be a ying to your blatent homerism yang.

This Michigan team is among the worst in my memory, but you'd never admit that. After all, they played the greatest college football game in the history of the universe last week.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)

This Michigan team is among the worst in my memory, but you'd never admit that. After all, they played the greatest college football game in the history of the universe last week.

I can't say they are the worst. They are VERY inconsistent and frustrating to watch at times.

I guess saying they are the worst in recent memory makes sense since they have been at or near the top of the Big 10 for the past decade.

I don't see them winning at Iowa for obvious reasons.

It's sad that a team with so many offensive weapons struggles. Maybe Carr will start drafting defense soon.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)

really. Well this team has something that a lot of teams don't have. That is heart. They didn't have their best offensive player or defensive player today yet they still went in to a very tough place to win (Iowa) and beat a good football team.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
really.  Well this team has something that a lot of teams don't have.  That is heart.  They didn't have their best offensive player or defensive player today yet they still went in to a very tough place to win (Iowa) and beat a good football team.

Iowa sucks.

They had 100 yards in penalties. They played the final 40 minutes trying not to lose, which incedentaly is exactly how you lose in the big ten.

They had one sack on the game, oh wait, that really wasn't a sack. Henne just had his foot stepped up by his O-line and fell down. The only other time Iowa got near Henne, they panicked like Wile E. Coyote when he actually got close to the Road Runner, and tackled him by his facemask. Dips***s.

Iowa Sucks. They will be lucky to win 1 game the rest of the year.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Iowa sucks.

They had 100 yards in penalties. They played the final 40 minutes trying not to lose, which incedentaly is exactly how you lose in the big ten.

They had one sack on the game, oh wait, that really wasn't a sack. Henne just had his foot stepped up by his O-line and fell down. The only other time Iowa got near Henne, they panicked like Wile E. Coyote when he actually got close to the Road Runner, and tackled him by his facemask. Dips***s.

Iowa Sucks. They will be lucky to win 1 game the rest of the year.

yes but it is a very tough place to play and coming into the game they averaged only 2.9 penalties a game.