Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
yes but it is a very tough place to play and coming into the game they averaged only 2.9 penalties a game.

Yes, Good teams are measured by penalties a game.

Iowa's Wins this season have come against terrible teams, and their losses have come agianst anyone who ranks near the top half of teams in college football.

Wins

Ball State - Among the 10 worst teams in the country

Northern Iowa - Hey, a top 15 team. Oh Wait, that's division 1-AA

Illinois - Rutgers says hello

Indiana - Yeah, they're good for indiana, but that's still bad.

Purdue - Might go 0-the-season in the Big Ten.

Losses

Ohio State - A top 25 team. Iowa crossed midfield once, scored 3 points

Iowa State - Not a good team. Top 75, being generous. Iowa crossed midfield twice, and scored just 3 points.

Michigan - A top 40 team. -- Iowa outrushed and outpassed, plus turned the ball over less.

Beating this Iowa team is nothing to be proud of.

Can we start the Northwestern Big Ten title talks?

Mizzou beat Nebraska 41-24 and even though the Huskers aren't ranked, we're Mizzou and we rushed the field. It was awesome. We carried the FG posts all the way downtown, it was awesome. Check rushing the field, kissing the 50 yard line, and touching a FG post off my list of things to do in my lifetime.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
ISU didn't win today, Oklahoma State lost 37-10. Nice to see a win, though.

Josh, methinks you're giving Michigan too much credit. It IS possible to play well at Kinnick. ISU's done it for a while now.

yes but Iowa still had a 22 game winning streak there.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
yes but Iowa still had a 22 game winning streak there.

Last I checked, streaks don't play football games. Granted, the only Iowa home games I've been to are against ISU, but it's not impossible to win. Maybe ISU likes the pink, I guess. These aren't your older brother's Hawks.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
Can we start the Northwestern Big Ten title talks?

Mizzou beat Nebraska 41-24 and even though the Huskers aren't ranked, we're Mizzou and we rushed the field. It was awesome. We carried the FG posts all the way downtown, it was awesome. Check rushing the field, kissing the 50 yard line, and touching a FG post off my list of things to do in my lifetime.

I didn't see any of the game, but did catch the box score.... absolutely ridiculous numbers by Brad Smith

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
you should be prepared to eat those words when Michigan whoops up on Ohio State.

MICHIGAN f***ING BLOWS!!!!!! MICHIGAN WILL NOT....MARK MY WORDS WILL NOT SCORE MORE THAN 21 POINTS AGAINST OHIO STATE!!!! BUCKS WILL ROLL 31-17

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
I'm not watching the game, but PSU 56- Illinois 3.

At Halftime :puke

it's because this was the first game since coming here I wasn't at.

yeah, that's it.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
that's why Michigan beat Penn State yet the buckeyes lost to them.

you beat them at home and the refs gave you the game....you barely beat iowa in iowa, we destroyed them at home....the way i look at it those to negate one another...you played michigan state and won with a late field goal...once again ohio state dominated msu....we played texas second week of the year you played notre dame, both at home...osu lost by 3 UM lost by 7, texas is a better ball club than ND

this week will be an interesting and telling one for the big ten...osu and UM both on the road...osu will beat up on a weak minnesota team and michigan will get worked by a RED HOT northwestern team

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
you beat them at home and the refs gave you the game....you barely beat iowa in iowa, we destroyed them at home....the way i look at it those to negate one another...you played michigan state and won with a late field goal...once again ohio state dominated msu....we played texas second week of the year you played notre dame, both at home...osu lost by 3 UM lost by 7, texas is a better ball club than ND

this week will be an interesting and telling one for the big ten...osu and UM both on the road...osu will beat up on a weak minnesota team and michigan will get worked by a RED HOT northwestern team

how did the refs give us the game. it should've been 4 seconds put back on the clock not 2. We beat Penn State. The refs didn't. Also you beat Iowa at Ohio State. Also You guys barely beat Sparty. I wouldn't call Minnesota weak. They have the best Running Back in the Big Ten and i have my doubts that Ohio State can stop him. Also Michigan has the best Wide Receiver in the Big Ten and we are the best defense against the pass this year.