Official College Football Thread

I think Young is more of a "Next McNabb" or maybe "Next Culpepper" before he will ever be a "Next Vick".

Young has more size to him, like McNabb and Culpepper, and he doesnt look as jittery in the pocket as Vick.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
I think Young is more of a "Next McNabb" or maybe "Next Culpepper" before he will ever be a "Next Vick".

Young has more size to him, like McNabb and Culpepper, and he doesnt look as jittery in the pocket as Vick.

i agree. It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft because IMHO he might be the best QB in the draft. Add to that his playmaking skills without throwing and man. He single handedly beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

I do not think you can really compare total yards, points, etc, because each offense runs a different system, and each game is played on a different day.

Wisconsin's system is to put the ball in the rb's hand as much as possible. That is not conducive to scoring points like throwing the ball every down, or using large amounts of play fakes, etc.

But I do think Wisconsin's talent is the greatest in the Big 10, and that in combination with their system, they are almost unstoppable on any given day.

I do not think any other team in the Big 10 has the same capabilities on the ground and in the air as Wisconsin.

Also their 2nd rb, would start for many teams in the Big 10.

SB

Vince isn't quite as accurate as Daunte or McNabb coming out, but he has shown a strong arm with an accurate deep ball this year. He's still improving on the short/intermediate routes, but he doesn't have "big time" options to throw to right now. Billy Pitman is his most explosive option, and he's nothing special.

On another note, has anyone else here watched Justin Holland the QB at Colorado State play yet? Dear Lord, he has a Brett Favre type gun and is finally accurate this year.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
I do not think you can really compare total yards, points, etc, because each offense runs a different system, and each game is played on a different day.

Wisconsin's system is to put the ball in the rb's hand as much as possible. That is not conducive to scoring points like throwing the ball every down, or using large amounts of play fakes, etc.

But I do think Wisconsin's talent is the greatest in the Big 10, and that in combination with their system, they are almost unstoppable on any given day.

I do not think any other team in the Big 10 has the same capabilities on the ground and in the air as Wisconsin.

Also their 2nd rb, would start for many teams in the Big 10.

SB

Didn't work against NU!!!!!!!!

They beat Wisconsin by 3 points, and had Stocko not thrown the interception at the end, likely would have lost to Wisconsin.

It was not the Wisconsin offense that lost to Northwestern, it was the defense.

There is no excuse for giving up 48 points against Northwestern. My belief is that Wisconsin looked past NU and that is what nipped em, but there is no point in crying over the past.

But then again, I believe that the Wisconsin offense could score more than 48 points if they got to play the Wisconsin defense. ;)

We shall see what happens, but I would prefer losing to NU 1 time and winning the Big 10. As compared to beating Wisconsin and maybe making a bowl game.

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
They beat Wisconsin by 3 points, and had Stocko not thrown the interception at the end, likely would have lost to Wisconsin.

It was not the Wisconsin offense that lost to Northwestern, it was the defense.

There is no excuse for giving up 48 points against Northwestern. My belief is that Wisconsin looked past NU and that is what nipped em, but there is no point in crying over the past.

But then again, I believe that the Wisconsin offense could score more than 48 points if they got to play the Wisconsin defense. ;)

We shall see what happens, but I would prefer losing to NU 1 time and winning the Big 10. As compared to beating Wisconsin and maybe making a bowl game.

SB

Winning the Big Ten is a lot easier when you don't play OSU and get to beat up on Indiana and squeak by Minnesota!!!!!

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
Man, IMO Vince throws one ugly ball. Gets there, though.

I'm with Rex. I don't think anyone can have an edge on Leinart. I may go even with Young, because he has other intangibles, but in terms of whose the better QB, if given the choice I'm taking Leinart.

We beat OSU the last time we played them, so im not sure what your point is.

You play the games that are on your schedule. Im sure right now 100% of Wisconsin fans would have preferred to play OSU over NU.

In fact I would prefer that we always played the best Big 10 teams, and perhaps a team like NU was dropped from the schedule.

But that just is not how it is.

SB

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)

For a sleeper in the "next McNabb or Culpepper" category, look no further than to UAB at Darrell Hackney. He will be an NFL QB.

Good call Rex, here is an NFL scouts take on Hackney from October.

"Analysis: A physically talented passer with the arm strength to play in the NFL, Hackney has shown improvement and as a result will jump up draft boards. Needs to continue on his present pace then have a solid showing in the post season. Potential middle round pick who can play in the NFL.

"

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
Good call Rex, here is an NFL scouts take on Hackney from October.

"Analysis: A physically talented passer with the arm strength to play in the NFL, Hackney has shown improvement and as a result will jump up draft boards.  Needs to continue on his present pace then have a solid showing in the post season.  Potential middle round pick who can play in the NFL.

"

saw him play either last week or a couple weeks ago and was very impressed. It is a shame more people don't know him.

His name will become more well known soon. It certainly will help if he can get UAB back to its second straight bowl game. While it won't bea major bowl, it will give him an additional 3 weeks of practice, hopefully keeping him ready for post-season work.

Anybody watching the IU-Minnesota game?

They just showed an IU fan with a shirt cropped very short and the IU logo painted onto a very nice tight stomach. She filled out the shirt quite well also.

All I could say is wow!

Sorry for the guy moment ladies......