Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
I'm just going off of what the Cotton Bowl rep said about ISU on Cold Pizza.

Texas = Rose

If OU beats TTU, but then loses to OSU (both which aren't tooooo farfetched) ISU could slip in. Someone's gonna take a hit in the OU-TTU game, especially if one gets shellacked.

#5 bowl is Houston, who has pretty much stated they'll take ISU if they slide that far. However, ISU is the second hottest team in the Big 12 (No one's passing Texas) and with another win that will be 5 in a row. I can see ISU landing anywhere between Cotton and Champs Sports, but Texas Tech's loss to OSU brought this into play.

Where the heck does Iowa go with a loss? Sun? Music/Motor City?

I didn't take into account schedule. One of OU/TT is going to lose. Still the Alamo would take one of those over ISU.

With a loss, Iowa is likely headed to the Motor City. NW and Minn should both finish 2 games up on them in that scenario, and even though the Alamo and Sun would still want Iowa over those two clubs, it's against their agreement with the Big Ten. -- If MSU wins too, Iowa will be locked out of the Big 10 bowl picture. PSU will end up with a New years day game in FLA, OSU will get the lone Big 10 BCS bid, and everyone moves down a slot. MSU would probably stay close to home at he Music City over Iowa, who would no doubt get an independent bowl. Something like the Liberty Bowl.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Go Wildcats.

LOL.

They have almost no bearing on where the Hawks go. I suppose if they somehow were able to find a way to lose to Illinois, which is damn near impossible, they would set up a scenario where Iowa would go to the Music City bowl over NW should Iowa lose to Minn. But that's an incredibly unlikely scenario.

Hadicapping Iowa's Bowl destination

Alamo - 3/2

Music City - 25/1

Motor City - 5/2

Other - 5/1

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Did Fresno already get an offer from the Liberty? -- That's a longshot anyway. It would be making the best out of the worst.

ISU vs. UCLA would be a winnable game, but I'll belive the Clones in the Holiday bowl when I see it.

Oh man, if ISU plays UCLA they are gonna get drubbed. I've been slamming UCLA a lot this year, but I've came away really impressed with there resiliency after that loss to Arizona. Of course with ISU's defense and UCLA's lock of a defense, anything is possible, but its going to be a hell of a feat to shut down the UCLA offense.

28-0 Iowa, still in the 2nd quarter. Merloni is out and injured and thus far Minnesota has had nothing rush wise. They have been able to muster up some passing yards and get into scoring position twice. They missed one field goal and than had a failed 4th down inside the 20.

Iowa is really playing strong this week and the 2nd half of last week. I'm really really getting bummed about there blown games against NU and Michigan.

As much as I've slammed them I've finally got to watch a couple straight Iowa games (I love ESPN televising Big 10 games) and they are well balanced offense (Young is the man rushing the ball).

As I type this Iowa gets an interception (Chad Greenway) and brings it to the Minnesota 5. :headbang

TD Troy Smith, Bucks up 7-0

EDIT - that is f***ing creepy, I changed the channel after the TD and I was posting 7-0 then for some reason I had the thought in my head they would miss the XP...and they did...weird

Also Illinois hanging in with NW, tied at 14

CMON ILLINOIS PICK UP A B10 W

Wow, too easy, 21-14 NW

Edited by WHarris1