Official College Football Thread

Two losses to backup quarterback, ISU can make Nebraska's West Coast offense work and Baylor, there is no excuse.

s***, we don't even get a little flag for this year like we did for last year that said Big 12 North Champions. That was most likely our last chance too. Lose Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas A&M. Pick up Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Hello, 5-7 season.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
KU v. New Mexico in the Ft. Worth Bowl

2/3 years we be bowlin

Yup, keep aiming for Fort Worth.

Yes, Iowa State will be Houston.

I could see Colorado in the Holiday, Oklahoma vs. Iowa in the Alamo.

Rose = Texas

Cotton = Tech

Holiday = Colorado

Alamo = Oklahoma

Houston = Iowa State

Independence = Missouri

Champs Sports = Nebraska

Fort Worth = Kansas

Both the Holiday and Alamo and Independence and Champs Sports could be switched.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Rose = Texas

Cotton = Tech

Holiday = Colorado

Alamo = Oklahoma

Houston = Iowa State

Independence = Missouri

Champs Sports = Nebraska

Fort Worth = Kanas

Both the Holiday and Alamo and Independence and Champs Sports could be switched.

Thanks for the edit..just looks good to see any kind of bowl again.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Yup, keep aiming for Fort Worth.

Yes, Iowa State will be Houston.

I could see Colorado in the Holiday, Oklahoma vs. Iowa in the Alamo.

Why would the Holiday pass on Oklahoma, who actually wasn't that bad this year, in favor of Colo?

I've got a Colo/Iowa match up in the Alamo, assuming the Fiesta is OSU/ND. -- That's an underwhelming match-up to me. I'd expect Iowa to roll. That's an underwhelming matchup for the Alamo too. That would be 2 unranked teams.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Why would the Holiday pass on Oklahoma, who actually wasn't that bad this year, in favor of Colo?

I've got a Colo/Iowa match up in the Alamo, assuming the Fiesta is OSU/ND. -- That's an underwhelming match-up to me. I'd expect Iowa to roll. That's an underwhelming matchup for the Alamo too. That would be 2 unranked teams.

Word is Colorado has a tie-in with a Holiday Bowl higher up. Couple that with the fact that the Big 12 is expected to exert some pull in their division champions not going lower than Holiday, and I think Colorado could slip in there.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)

I'd like to see Iowa play someone better, but I think Iowa is gonna take whoever they are playing. They are a different team right now.

I'm leaning towards a PSU/ND BCS game but thats because I'd rather see that as an ND fan. I don't know if the Irish could beat OSU. I think OSU is the 3rd best team in the country (just my personal opinion).

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Man I'm almost hoping for a OSU/ND fiesta bowl, so that the Pac -10 doesn't get an extra at-large, and for some strange reason the Alamo to take a flier on NW or Minn over Iowa. That would set up a Iowa/UCLA game in the Sun bowl. That would be a game!

Ya, thats a game I'd like to see. UCLA is a pretty darn good team in terms of offense, but they have an atrocious defense. Iowa's passing defense ain't grand either, but it would be a fun game to watch at the very least.

I hope to hell Oregon doesn't find a way to get an extra BCS game. The only way I see an extra BCS game for the Pac 10 is if UCLA upsets USC (I can't wait for next week for that game).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
I hope to hell Oregon doesn't find a way to get an extra BCS game.  The only way I see an extra BCS game for the Pac 10 is if UCLA upsets USC (I can't wait for next week for that game).

Who would get the automatic bid in that scenario? -- A loss by USC would devalue the Ducks loss to USC and they would all finsih with the same record. -- I'm pretty sure only one of them would get in.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Who would get the automatic bid in that scenario? -- A loss by USC would devalue the Ducks loss to USC and they would all finsih with the same record. -- I'm pretty sure only one of them would get in.

A UCLA victory over USC would actually be worst case scenario for the Ducks. If that happens, the Ducks technically finish 3rd in the Pac-10 since the tie-breaker would be in favor of UCLA and USC before Oregon, can't remember what that tie-breaker is off the top of my head but it probably has something to do w/D-I wins if I had to guess.

At this point, why would the BCS take a team that's third in it's conference, albeit one of the weaker ones? Therefore, I'm pretty damn sure the Pac-10 refs are gonna be pulling for USC come USCvUCLA, it's just better for their conference.

This doesn't sound good.
As first brought to light by the Des Moines Register, dozens of full-scholarship Hawkeyes players, who received money for housing, paid little or no rent to live in the housing. Among them was offensive lineman Brian Ferentz, the son of Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz, who was found to be living in an apartment subsidized by taxpayers.
Virginia Tech and Nebraska were also implicated in similar scandals. -- OTL will have a special on this Sunday.

Yeah, It's not an indictment of the Universities so much as it is the program that approves people to live in section 8 housing.

The kids aren't actually doing anything illegal. Unethical, maybe.

Still, it looks really bad when your the coach of a big time program and your son is living in federally subsadized housing.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 26, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Yeah, It's not an indictment of the Universities so much as it is the program that approves people to live in section 8 housing.

The kids aren't actually doing anything illegal. Unethical, maybe.

Still, it looks really bad when your the coach of a big time program and your son is living in federally subsadized housing.

Nothing will come of it though, you won't need to worry. Unless Ferentz gets caught with coeds, of course.