Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 12:38 PM)
yeah, that's what I've been thinking.  They had a ton of seniors on this years team, so they are going to be relatively young next year, IIRC.

They won't be as good next year as they were this year, but don't expect a 2000-2004 level fall for Penn State. The Lions are starting to clean up on the recruiting trail like the old days, so they should mantain bowl bid calibur teams from now on, and every once in a while have a season similar to this year.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
Seriously though, how many people think Joe Pa is actually coaching?  I really dont think he knows what year it is.  It seems to me that he is an image, a public figure and the assistants are doing all the real work.

Oh definitely, I agree. IMO the reason Penn State is getting good again is JoePa is now nothing more than a figurehead used for a recruiting advantage when needed....otherwise, he just has his smart assistants doing all the work.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
I don't know who will win, but I get the feeling it will be a blow out too.

I thought last year's title game was going to be a great game to watch. I didn't need to watch more than a quarter.

I thought last year's title game was one of the best talent matchups in history. ESPN kept telling me so. Now they're telling me the exact same thing about this game.

Right now, I'm just hopiong it is a decent game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
I think Texas may win.....despite Reggie Bush going crazy.  This may be a dud, but watch this game, because you'll have a story to tell your kids and grandkids if it isn't a dud.

Story? :huh:

Meh idk, USC is gonna win, lets say 32-21

Also I believe I said the Penn St game would be the best somewhere in this thread if I recall

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
Story?  :huh:

Meh idk, USC is gonna win, lets say 32-21

Also I believe I said the Penn St game would be the best somewhere in this thread if I recall

Yes sir, this is a matchup of 2 teams STOCKED FULL of NFL players. This game reminds me so much of the Ohio State/Miami title game a few years ago. Two undefeated teams with long winning streaks, 1 of which is in the 30's....2 teams full of studs and NFL players, should be great to watch.

And that's all fine and great you said the Penn State game would be the best game, but the West Virginia/Georgia game was the better game. :)

Texas has a better defense, which should be talked about more. But the thing that scares me about their chances is the fact that Mack Brown coaches them.

Edited by Spiff

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
I don't know who will win, but I get the feeling it will be a blow out too.

For who?

The dismantling of Notre Dame and Oregon makes me think that people are underrating texas and overrating USC.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Texas has a better defense, which should be talked about more.  But the thing that scares me about their chances is the fact that Mack Brown coaches them.

Well done, hit the nail on the head. Texas IMO is definitely the better team, but Mack Brown is a dumbass, so weird things may happen that shouldnt' as a result that swing the game towards USC.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
For who?

The dismantling of Notre Dame and Oregon makes me think that people are underrating texas and overrating USC.

Wait overrating USC, how many championships have they had in recent years?

I'm going with 42-28 Texas. Texas slows down the USC offense in the 1st half, but USC gets a few TD's later in the 2nd half, but USC never can stop Texas consistently. Vince Young throws for 200, and runs for another 100. Reggie Bush combines for over 200 yards rushing and receiving as usual, but Lendale White is stopped.

I can see the exact opposite happening and me looking totally retarded, then again, what else is new.