Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the greatest game I have ever seen. I was left just shaking my head in amazement. Vince Young is just phenominal, and USC showed they have several future superstars in the NFL, and they will be back next year, Booty is a great QB and Lendale White/Desmond Reed will have over 1,000 yards.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
Leinhart said his team is still better than Texas, Texas just made better plays. He said something like that.

I heard that too...sorry Matt, you have an amazing offense but NO defense and the Pac 10 is WEAK!

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
I :wub: Vince Young

^^^

What a f***ing epic game.

From the 4th and 1 stuff...to Vince going insane... WOW

That 4th down stuff was the biggest defense play I've seen in a while WOW

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
That was the greatest game I have ever seen. I was left just shaking my head in amazement. Vince Young is just phenominal, and USC showed they have several future superstars in the NFL, and they will be back next year, Booty is a great QB and Lendale White/Desmond Reed will have over 1,000 yards.

Eh, I think Lendale leaves too. 100 yards and 3 TD's, his stock will be pretty high.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
Man how f***ing cool and composed is Vince.

4th and 5 with the f***ing national title on the line?  Pocket breaks down he stays cool and runs it in?  DAYUM

the one to get them within 5 was even better. I know because I saw it happen last year against Michigan. I always thought Texas would win it because of Vince Young.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
LENDALE WHITE=Most Underrated player in College Football.

Is he a senior this year? If he is he'll get drafted probably in the first 2 rounds. If the back up QB from USC who never threw a TD (and I have no clue how much he played) gets drafted by the Patriots, this guy will be fine.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
Is he a senior this year? If he is he'll get drafted probably in the first 2 rounds. If the back up QB from USC who never threw a TD (and I have no clue how much he played) gets drafted by the Patriots, this guy will be fine.

nope he is a junior and I think he will stay even though his stock will never be higher.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
nope he is a junior and I think he will stay even though his stock will never be higher.

Yeah no kidding. That's a tough call. Stay and be the feature back or leave while you're stock could be as high as it will ever be.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Lendale has 26 TD's on the year, and almost 1,300 rushing yards. I don't think his stock will be higher. Other Steelers fans are clamoring for him, atleast up until the last few weeks when Willie broke out again.

yeah but he wants to return to school i guess. That is what ESPN and the Newspapers have been reporting. The spotlight will be on him now with Bush gone.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
Yeah no kidding. That's a tough call. Stay and be the feature back or leave while you're stock could be as high as it will ever be.

he will be a 1st round pick either way but he may slide into the Top 10 instead of going in the late 1st round.

I guess I'm the only person that thinks Vince Young's a bit of an ass....

Damn near every time he ran it was to the right, inside of the back blocking for him. USC figured it out near the end when they blitzed him twice and shut him off, but he won the game running right.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
had he stayed healthy last year he probably would've won the heisman (if you recall everybody was making him the favorite by week 6 to win the Heisman.  He would've probably been the 1st pick in the NFL draft.)

Yeah I know. I was talking about his love for him now in the NFL. It should of been in green.