Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
I've been to OSU a couple of years back during the Nat'l championship season. That place was f***ing loud. The Rose Bowl's walls aren't high enough or steep enough to keep the sound inside, plus there's no type of roof. I've never been to Michigan, but it would be hard to top OSU.

Anyway, like I've been saying and Vince Young has been saying, he's going to stay. I think he wants to win another Nat'l Championship and I think he wants to win the Heisman.

Sept. 9th 2006

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
i have.  It can get pretty loud however the noise escapes easily.  The SEC conference schools are the best though in terms of atmosphere because they live, eat, and breathe football.  Saw LSU at home and it is LOUD!

Vandy vs (correction)Tennessee is pretty hyped at the games.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
Ugh...recruiting. Probably the only time Illinois will see the top 25.

Perhaps it won't stay that way if Zook can get some talent in here.

Also, ISU is a real football juggernaut...

Made the Sugar Bowl not too long ago, i believe we were in the top 25 then :bang

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
Perhaps it won't stay that way if Zook can get some talent in here.

Also, ISU is a real football juggernaut...

Made the Sugar Bowl not too long ago, i believe we were in the top 25 then  :bang

Iowa State fans and Illinois fans have no room to argue football right now.... :D

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
honestly, after the amazingly exciting bowl season we've had this year, I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a dud.

Owned, as usual.

Please predict an MSU victory in the college bball thread.

Or just stop making predictions altogether :chair

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
And cuz he never played at Michigan.

I've been to The Big House and The Horseshoe, and it's so much louder in Columbus it's not even close. The Michigan fans don't even pay attention until it's the 2nd half and the game is close.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
at least Iowa State got to a Bowl Game.

While I learned to embrace the Houston Bowl and we almost beat the #14 team in the nation, I'm almost done with McCarney. He was the right man for the turnaround, but now we need someone who can win us Big 12 North titles (and OT games).

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
Iowa State fans and Illinois fans have no room to argue football right now.... :D

Agreed, that's why i didn't understand going out of your way to take a cheap shot at us...

At least a top 25 recruiting class is a start...program has to start going up somewhere along the line.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
Agreed, that's why i didn't understand going out of your way to take a cheap shot at us...

At least a top 25 recruiting class is a start...program has to start going up somewhere along the line.

I just looked at the list quick and came up with Illinois. Trust me, if Indiana was there, the shot would go at them...

I think it's about time for a Coach Hep promo poster....