6th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Mariners

DBAHO

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
I was supposed to be at this game, f***

Have I mentioned I hate Uribe?

Probably shockingly to most people on this board, I don't hate Uribe. I think he's playing as bad as he possibly can this season. Maybe we should just always give him one year contracts, and make him earn the next one?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
Probably shockingly to most people on this board, I don't hate Uribe.  I think he's playing as bad as he possibly can this season.  Maybe we should just always give him one year contracts, and make him earn the next one?

I also dont hate uribe, his defense is preety good and he usually comes through in the clutch and when he is hot he is impossible to get out.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
I also dont hate uribe, his defense is preety good and he usually comes through in the clutch and when he is hot he is impossible to get out.

I completely agree with what you say. Biggest problem is he hasn't had a good stretch of offensive games since early in the season. He needs to get back to driving the ball to right center like he did last year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Man, another ball that I thought was a hit off the bat by Seattle.  Hawk acted upset when the ball was first hit, but Pods was there.

Ditto, I also wouldn't be surprised to see the left fielders have some issues picking up a few balls, they're standing right in the sun it seems.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Man, another ball that I thought was a hit off the bat by Seattle.  Hawk acted upset when the ball was first hit, but Pods was there.

Anyball that good contact is made on at the cell is scary :lolhitting

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)

I'd throw Uribe nothing but high heat and watch him corkscrew himself into the ground.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
Ditto, I also wouldn't be surprised to see the left fielders have some issues picking up a few balls, they're standing right in the sun it seems.

Oh yeah, around 6 to 6:45 at the Cell, that sun is brutal. I'm sure a lot of people on here have been out there for batting practice before 7 pm games. It's impossible to see the ball. I remember quite a few times that Carlos misplayed flyballs on Saturday night games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
Oh yeah, around 6 to 6:45 at the Cell, that sun is brutal.  I'm sure a lot of people on here have been out there for batting practice before 7 pm games.  It's impossible to see the ball.  I remember quite a few times that Carlos misplayed flyballs on Saturday night games.

Saturday games at 3 o'clock the left fielders have a really hard time from like 5:30 till the end of the game.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
Saturday games at 3 o'clock the left fielders have a really hard time from like 5:30 till the end of the game.

Like Podsednik, in the last inning of a Saturday afternoon game against the Indians this season. With 2 outs, Sizemore hit a routine flyball that Pods missed by 75 feet.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
Like Podsednik, in the last inning of a Saturday afternoon game against the Indians this season.  With 2 outs, Sizemore hit a routine flyball that Pods missed by 75 feet.

That play was the one that sparked my comment.

Why is that we score in the 1st inning or everygame then wait untill the 7th 8th and 9th to score again. This isnt bad though because you jump on the other team early and finish them off later in the game.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
Why is that we score in the 1st inning or everygame then wait untill the 7th 8th and 9th to score again. This isnt bad though because you jump on the other team early and finish them off later in the game.

A lot of teams do that. The Blue Jays did the same thing against the Sox on Wednesday night. We just need to keep getting base runners.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)

2 factors can play into this. A. The pitcher settles down, and B. Everyone's swinging for the fences w/ the lead.

Edited by CYGarland