Ozzie to host TWIB on 8/13

Balta1701

Just a heads up for now to people...Ozzie is slated to host This Week in Baseball next weekend, according to the preview at the end of this week's show.

I haven't a clue when it's on in Chicago (probably right before Saturday baseball on Fox), but it's on at 12:30 p.m. PST out here in LA.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
Just a heads up for now to people...Ozzie is slated to host This Week in Baseball next weekend, according to the preview at the end of this week's show.

I haven't a clue when it's on in Chicago (probably right before Saturday baseball on Fox), but it's on at 12:30 p.m. PST out here in LA.

11 or 11:30 on Fox Central time.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)

Cool, I usually don't watch TWIB, but I'll make an exception on this one. :headbang

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
Did anyone ever watch Spike TVs MLB show sorta like TWIB ?? I watched part of it for the first time this week and it had some Sox players micd during the Baltimore series it was pretty cool.

I saw that too. I usually dont wake up early on a Saturday, but work related reasons made me. I was flipping around and caught it. Bruce Chen is a funny guy.

TWIB usually runs a half hour before the FOX Game of the Week for me

I am so excited. I remember watching TWIB yrs and yrs ago.. I remember they used to present it as a documentry style show with announcer recapping every game.. it almost felt like a hilight reel for the w.s. documentries..with a very awesome narrator....

Anyone remember the older TWIB? pre-jenny finch?

also does anyone know who the narrator was?

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
I am so excited. I remember watching TWIB yrs and yrs ago.. I remember they used to present it as a documentry style show with announcer recapping every game.. it almost felt like a hilight reel for the w.s. documentries..with a very awesome narrator....

Anyone remember the older TWIB? pre-jenny finch?

also does anyone know who the narrator was?

Mel Allen

Former Yankees broadcaster

It was all about Don Mattingly, Wade Boggs and Darryl Strawberry back then.

The East Coast bias holds firm.

• 2 weeks later...