8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I have never laughed at a Sox loss like I just did. The Yankee's fan mase it seem like it was Game 7 of the WS. Hilarious. Sucks that we lost, but funny nonetheless. Gotta give El Duque credit, he pitched well outside of 1 pitch.

This is what to worry about in the playoffs. El Duque holds the yanks to 3 runs and still loses because we cant hit their pitching. Our margin for error is nill.

I would rather have Joe Borchard up instead of Timo in the 5th spot. And that is saying something.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
This is what to worry about in the playoffs.  El Duque holds the yanks to 3 runs and still loses because we cant hit their pitching.  Our margin for error is nill.

I would rather have Joe Borchard up instead of Timo in the 5th spot.  And that is saying something.

Ummm....Timo wasn't the problem tonight. If I remember correctly, he had two hits.

when is carl come back? i had to admit having Timo hit in the 5th slot is kind of a joke. and as much as i love A.J. he doesn't belong in the 3rd slot. hopefully ozzie learned from tonites lineups mistakes. but as far as the 1st base umpire goes :finger you were terrible in Oakland and your terrible in New York. Does he have it out for us or something? Did he grow up a Cub fan? Did Ozzie screw his wife? Podsednick was safe at 1B and A-Rod clearly interfered with that play.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Honestly, I have never laughed at a Sox loss like I just did. The Yankee's fan mase it seem like it was Game 7 of the WS. Hilarious. Sucks that we lost, but funny nonetheless. Gotta give El Duque credit, he pitched well outside of 1 pitch.

Umm...

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
when is carl come back? i had to admit having Timo hit in the 5th slot is kind of a joke. and as much as i love A.J. he doesn't belong in the 3rd slot. hopefully ozzie learned from tonites lineups mistakes. but as far as the 1st base umpire goes  :finger  you were terrible in Oakland and your terrible in New York. Does he have it out for us or something? Did he grow up a Cub fan? Did Ozzie screw his wife? Podsednick was safe at 1B and A-Rod clearly interfered with that play.

We sure could have used Carl tonite that's for sure. But i think it's painfully obvious we need another Big bat in the lineup for protection.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
when is carl come back? i had to admit having Timo hit in the 5th slot is kind of a joke. and as much as i love A.J. he doesn't belong in the 3rd slot. hopefully ozzie learned from tonites lineups mistakes. but as far as the 1st base umpire goes  :finger  you were terrible in Oakland and your terrible in New York. Does he have it out for us or something? Did he grow up a Cub fan? Did Ozzie screw his wife? Podsednick was safe at 1B and A-Rod clearly interfered with that play.

Carl coming back isn't going to help much. We need another offensive threat.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
What did the home umpire do?

When Aaron struck out, instead of doing a normal out call, Hunter spun his hand in the air before going into the punching out call.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
You have to love the .217BA on the ole number 5 hitter.  That strikes fear in the Yankees and ballclubs all around.

He was batting over .400 career against Timo. Same goes with AJ. Lineup was pretty smart if you ask me. It just didn't produce. We need another big stick. Unfortunately, we're going to have to stick with what we got. It wasn't one single player's fault we lost tonight. It was the whole offense.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
He was batting over .400 career against Timo. Same goes with AJ. Lineup was pretty smart if you ask me. It just didn't produce. We need another big stick. Unfortunately, we're going to have to stick with what we got. It wasn't one single player's fault we lost tonight. It was the whole offense.

Timo is 1 for 11 lifetime against Moose. That comes out to a whopping .091BA. There was no real reason to bat him 5th outside of Ozzies love for alernating leftys and righties for matchups late in the game. Which again doesnt make any sense because Mo is harder against lefties than he is against righties.

And over his last 7 days Timo is batting .083. So he is slumping right now also.