8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
That's what I though.  Well, he proved Ozzie's pimple comment.  Assmunch (him not you lol).

LMAO.. I haven't heard that word in about 10 years.. :lolhitting

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Amen, brother.  Like October?

I'm as confident with Dye at the plate as I am anyone else. He just needs to get back to spreading the ball out all over the field. He's gotten a little pull happy.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Guys...  how good were Aaron's 1st inning catches? The neighbor Cub fan came over to tell me about them.  :huh

The 1st was abseloutely stellar. Just awesome.

The 2nd one was very very good running back basket batch.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Guys...  how good were Aaron's 1st inning catches? The neighbor Cub fan came over to tell me about them.  :huh

Well let's put it this way, they will both most definitely make WEB gems tonite.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
It's happened a lot with him this week.  I have hope he has another hot stretch in him this season.

Not only Dye, but Konerko as well.

With Dye in that situation, he should have aniticipated atleast one hanger. Dye appeared defensive the entire AB. Mussina had over 120 pitches, and was facing his last batter in a situation where he could lose the game with a basehit. If a pitcher were to throw one hanger the entire game, good chance it would be in a tight moment.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
If they let Gordon pitch more than 1 inning we can put something together but if they bring in Rivera to clean up his mess its game.

We'll probably get sturtz in the 7th, then Flash, then MO.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
Great game El Duque. But you still suck. You're not a playoff pitcher anymore. blah blah blah blah blah.

I wouldn't say he sucks, but he did put us in an early hole, and thanks to Aaron it would have been worse.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
Great game El Duque. But you still suck. You're not a playoff pitcher anymore. blah blah blah blah blah.

Whoops. Spoke too soon. Still in there.

He still put us in a 3 run hole early in the game. If Garland did that, the Judy comments would be flying. It's not just this game which makes people feel like Duque's not a playoff pitcher....it's the 4.69 ERA with a 1.50 WHIP.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
I wouldn't say he sucks, but he did put us in an early hole, and thanks to Aaron it would have been worse.

He had a quality start agianst the yanks in Yankee Stadium. Enough said.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
He still put us in a 3 run hole early in the game.  If Garland did that, the Judy comments would be flying.  It's not just this game which makes people feel like Duque's not a playoff pitcher....it's the 4.69 ERA with a 1.50 WHIP.

I agree. Heaven forbid a pitcher give up 3 ER in Yankee Stadium against the Yanks. Terrible, terrible stuff.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
If they let Gordon pitch more than 1 inning we can put something together but if they bring in Rivera to clean up his mess its game.

Sturtze, Gordon, Rivera, in that order. Are best chance is probably against Sturtze, but the bottom of the order is due up this next inning :banghead

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
He still put us in a 3 run hole early in the game.  If Garland did that, the Judy comments would be flying.  It's not just this game which makes people feel like Duque's not a playoff pitcher....it's the 4.69 ERA with a 1.50 WHIP.

And what are the other options for a fourth starter...? Contreras.

I'll take El Duque over Contreras every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Heck, make it thrice on Sundays... :D