8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
He's not half the postseason pitcher he was.  He's not even close.

And we need a f***ing offense, especially with Pods doing his impression of one of the worst leadoff hitters in baseball recently.  We need a slugger before the waiver deadline passes.

I agree. The more optimistic posters will bite our heads off...but this isn't a playoff caliber team right now (how they're playing right now). We just need more offense to compete against some of these great AL offenses. We'd be great in the National League. The fact Timo is still playing so much, when he's been worse than anyone.....is bulls***!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
He's not half the postseason pitcher he was.  He's not even close.

And we need a f***ing offense, especially with Pods doing his impression of one of the worst leadoff hitters in baseball recently.  We need a slugger before the waiver deadline passes.

I agree. I mean look at his postseaon starts this year. All crap. He's nowhere near the postseaon pitcher he was, because you can only tell that by looking at his postseason starts, and man has he sucked in those this year....

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Someone tell Orlando to throw the ball around or over that white thing in front of AJ.

He did. And Arod hit it a mile. Now he is going to avoid that white thing at all costs.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
I expect 6 shut out innings from El Duque now.

It usually takes him an inning or so to settle in. Once he gets his breaking stuff over, he's pretty hard to hit, and it seems to me that he 'feels' for those pitches in the early going.

Keep 'em to four or less, and I'll be somewhat happy.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
I agree. I mean look at his postseaon starts this year. All crap. He's nowhere near the postseaon pitcher he was, because you can only tell that by looking at his postseason starts, and man has he sucked in those this year....

Look at his postseason stats for the last 5 years, smartass.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)

He's talking about the stuff he has now. His K numbers are way down from last season (one of the best exhibits of the stuff a guy has). He's had so many injury problems, that he has to throw with all guts a lot of the time. Please, please, please...don't tell me you think he's the same pitcher now that he was a few years ago?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
So, how long has Pods been in this slump?  It's got to be like 3 weeks now.

he got a hit. Be happy with that.

Who is chatting tonite?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Did anyone expect Duque to shut down the Yankees?  We have no chance to win these games against Yanks without scoring at least 5 runs.

Last time you said that -- "I expect both teams to score double digits" -- you were wrong. In fact, if I wanted to go back throughout all of the gamethreads, I'd have to think that 75% of your gamethread 'something-goes-wrong-early' predictions are wrong.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
Last time you said that -- "I expect both teams to score double digits" -- you were wrong.  In fact, if I wanted to go back throughout all of the gamethreads, I'd have to think that 75% of your gamethread 'something-goes-wrong-early' predictions are wrong.

I hope most of them are wrong....or else I'd be nuts not to be in Vegas betting on every game.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Look at his postseason stats for the last 5 years, smartass.

Yah, I know. They are awesome. When he starts to actually suck in the postseason, then you can say he's not a postseason pitcher anymore.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
Yah, I know. They are awesome. When he starts to actually suck in the postseason, then you can say he's not a postseason pitcher anymore.

I'd personally rather not see him pitch in the postseason. I don't see why we can't just have the big 3 go.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
He's talking about the stuff he has now.  His K numbers are way down from last season (one of the best exhibits of the stuff a guy has).  He's had so many injury problems, that he has to throw with all guts a lot of the time.  Please, please, please...don't tell me you think he's the same pitcher now that he was a few years ago?

I think he can be. He pitches well when he wants to pitch well. In big games. This is not a big game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
I'd personally rather not see him pitch in the postseason.  I don't see why we can't just have the big 3 go.

I didn't say I wanted him over the big 3. I sure as hell don't. But I wouldn't mind him going in game 4 of a 7 game series.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
I think he can be. He pitches well when he wants to pitch well. In big games. This is not a big game.

Actually if El Duque doesn't look at this as a big game he has problems.

-former team

-playoff contending opponent

-top offense

Atta boy Timo!